FULL - The Tempest by William Shakespeare - ks

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
strangebrooch

Post by strangebrooch »

Yay! Acting drunk and stupid is fun! :D

On a less drunk and stupid note, do you want tunes for Ariel's songs? As I've mentioned in some other threads, I have a reasonably good background in early music, and do know period tunes for "Full fathom five" and "Where the bee sucks," if you and/or joyseternal is interested and doesn't already know them. :)
[size=84]For if hevene be on this erthe, and ese to any soule,
It is in cloister or in scole, by many skiles I fynde.
-- William Langland, [i]Piers Plowman[/i] X.299-300
http://www.dsproductions.org
[/size]
aratast

Post by aratast »

I absolutely love Shakespeare, but have never had the chance to actually act it out in the theater. Umm, I don't really know how this is supposed to work however. Are all the lines to be recorded and then pieced together. Let me know. I would love to read some lines for this, but I must confess I may be a bit amateurish.
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

FYI, I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I'll be back Sunday evening to pick up again.
strangebrooch wrote:Yay! Acting drunk and stupid is fun! :D

On a less drunk and stupid note, do you want tunes for Ariel's songs? As I've mentioned in some other threads, I have a reasonably good background in early music, and do know period tunes for "Full fathom five" and "Where the bee sucks," if you and/or joyseternal is interested and doesn't already know them. :)
If you're buying, the music sounds cool.
aratast wrote:I absolutely love Shakespeare, but have never had the chance to actually act it out in the theater. Umm, I don't really know how this is supposed to work however. Are all the lines to be recorded and then pieced together. Let me know. I would love to read some lines for this, but I must confess I may be a bit amateurish.
You got it. We record the lines separately, then I'll piece them together at the end.
Daniel, the Cylon
([url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=2136]LV Profile[/url])
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Can we draft Andy Minter to read Prospero? :)
kristin

Post by kristin »

May I read Iris, please?
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
aratast

Post by aratast »

I would like to just take the plunge and ask if I could do Prospero. Since this is such an important character, I wouldn't at all mind submitting a test of myself doing it and seeing what everyone else thinks.

sean
Chugosh

Post by Chugosh »

I would be happy to get my monster on.
I shall be Caliban if it suits the company.
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

Yes to all three:
kristin wrote:May I read Iris, please?
Chugosh wrote:I would be happy to get my monster on.
I shall be Caliban if it suits the company.
aratast wrote:I would like to just take the plunge and ask if I could do Prospero. Since this is such an important character, I wouldn't at all mind submitting a test of myself doing it and seeing what everyone else thinks.

sean
Sean, have you done a recording before? If not, you may want to go ahead and submit a test just so we can verify the technicals. Otherwise, just go for it.
Daniel, the Cylon
([url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=2136]LV Profile[/url])
aratast

Post by aratast »

I just did my first recording, where I read a chapter from string of pearls. The test recording was approved, so everything should be in order. Thanks.

sean
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I've done all my recordings, but am having trouble complying with the format (WAV or FLAC). I use Garage Band, and as far as I can tell, I can only export the files in either MP3 or AAC. I've checked both iTunes and Garage Band help, and can't find any obvious ways of getting it into alternate formats.

Any suggestions?
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I think Audacity will import an AAC file. Otherwise I know that re-importing an mp3 file doesn't make that much difference if you only do it once.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

gloriana wrote:I've done all my recordings, but am having trouble complying with the format (WAV or FLAC). I use Garage Band, and as far as I can tell, I can only export the files in either MP3 or AAC. I've checked both iTunes and Garage Band help, and can't find any obvious ways of getting it into alternate formats.

Any suggestions?
According to my google search, Garagband should be able to export FLAC and WAV, but all the websites are very vague about how this is done.

Really, any lossless audio codec would work (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_data_compression#Audio), but MP3 will be fine if nothing else is easily available.
Daniel, the Cylon
mb

Post by mb »

Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

Excellent! I haven't PL'ed it, but it sounds pretty good to me.
Daniel, the Cylon