[ACCEPTABLE] War of the Worlds

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
anoldfashiongirl

Post by anoldfashiongirl »

Last month I listened to H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds and in one chapter the reader repeats herself a couple times. I have to go back and get the times but I didn't know where I should post about it?

Thanks,
Jami
~~~ Jami ~~~

Your Life is an occasion, rise to it.
- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Jami,
This would be the right place to put it. As you said, giving us the times of the repeats would help, as would the chapter number.
We try to catch those repeats at the proof-listening stage, but they sometimes slip through.

Though - we do usually work with an acceptable limit of 99% correctness, and 1% error - and in a 30 min recording, that would mean we accept 18 sec of mistakes. So when repeats are caught after the work is already in the catalog, unless they are very disturbing, we usually leave it up to the person who recorded the file whether he/she wants to correct or not.

Thank you for taking the trouble to post about this - we could use you as a proof-listener!!
Anna
anoldfashiongirl

Post by anoldfashiongirl »

Okay. it's Book 2 Chapter 1 read by Kathleen (Kathy) P. King

05:45 - Repeat 05:47
12:43 - Repeat 12:50

The repeat times are give or take a second. :) That's fine. I listened to if okay just had to do a double take!

Blessings,
Jami
~~~ Jami ~~~

Your Life is an occasion, rise to it.
- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

give or take a second is acceptable in our 99.9% accuracy target, so this should be OK, as long as the repeats are not long sections.