COMPLETE: Aesop's Fables, Volume 10 (Fables 226-250) - SW/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

That's really the whole point of directing the new folks to these fables. They're a lot of fun, and really short, and that combination makes them good subjects for growing familiar with LibriVox.

Thanks for your help, Tom.

I believe that MariaSC's are all waiting for me in my inbox at home, but I've been spending so much time here at work this past week and a half that I haven't had the chance to download the mail to see.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

ChipDoc wrote:That's really the whole point of directing the new folks to these fables. They're a lot of fun, and really short, and that combination makes them good subjects for growing familiar with LibriVox.

Thanks for your help, Tom.

I believe that MariaSC's are all waiting for me in my inbox at home, but I've been spending so much time here at work this past week and a half that I haven't had the chance to download the mail to see.
I must be doing something wrong with yousendit.com. But I did send my files some time ago in email. Please let me know if you still can't find them. I'l send them again.

Any tips on posting a link from yousendit.com?
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I'm certain that the ones you sent to my email address are fine, Maria. I just haven't been able to get to them because of technical issues. This should be resolved by Friday evening and then I'll get them all at once.

I apologize for the delay, but I can't really do anything about it at this point
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

I'm just sorry to hold you up. I think I must be missing something with how to use yousend it. I WAS finally able to send something to myself, but not to post the link: I copied the shortcut to the link into my reply, but, when I clicked on it, I got a page saying the link was invalid...

So, I deleted the post.
pipacsos

Post by pipacsos »

ChipDoc wrote:Sorry, Maryann. I've really got to apologize to you and to Tom. I really didn't see that note you sent about 10_22. I nabbed it and it'll be the version we use in the final. I really need to be working a little less. Today is my 9th of 18 consecutive 14-hour days and I've been a little scattered lately. I apologize for that.
As I wrote you I just did it for fun without asking you before recording it. I saw that the deadline was supposed to be the 2nd and quite a few were still missing, so I just wanted to help you a bit with grabbing a few more fables.
It wouldn't have been a problem, if a newbie had picked it, I'm easy, we have plenty to do here, right? So why worry? I just wondered that this particular one was ignored somehow...but now everything is okay, no worries, thanx for your answer.

I hope you can spend some time with yourself pretty soon without having to turn on your computer. :-)

I'm ready for the new bunch of morals :D

Cheers,
Mariann
Mariann
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

MariaSC wrote:I did send my files some time ago in email. Please let me know if you still can't find them.
Well I finally managed to download all the email that has been waiting for me all week long - 1127 of them... sigh.

The good news? Yours were right there! They sound great too; thanks so much for sending them!
MariaSC wrote:Any tips on posting a link from yousendit.com?
That's a tough one, since I'm not sure what sort of problems you're having. The Yousendit site is pretty straightforward, but it might be that your reader is having trouble with the form.

The first field is where you put your email address (to send it to yourself - all you need is the link to post here in the forum).

The second field should be left blank

The third field is where you type any message you'd care to send along with the file

The fourth field is where you put the location of the file on your hard drive. This may be the problem, since there's an image at the far right hand side of the fourth field. It doesn't have an alt-tab, but it says "Choose". You're supposed to click on that one and the computer will pop up a window allowing you to pick the file you wish to send.

Below all of these is another button. This one does have an alt-tab, but it says " Address: http://www.yousendit.com/default.uplx " The button itself says "Send" and that's what you're supposed to hit in order to actually upload your file to the yousendit servers.

Looking at it from the perspective of accessability, I can see that it'd be pretty hard to figure that out without some help...
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

ChipDoc wrote:
MariaSC wrote:I did send my files some time ago in email. Please let me know if you still can't find them.
Well I finally managed to download all the email that has been waiting for me all week long - 1127 of them... sigh.

The good news? Yours were right there! They sound great too; thanks so much for sending them!
MariaSC wrote:Any tips on posting a link from yousendit.com?
That's a tough one, since I'm not sure what sort of problems you're having. The Yousendit site is pretty straightforward, but it might be that your reader is having trouble with the form.

The first field is where you put your email address (to send it to yourself - all you need is the link to post here in the forum).

The second field should be left blank

The third field is where you type any message you'd care to send along with the file

The fourth field is where you put the location of the file on your hard drive. This may be the problem, since there's an image at the far right hand side of the fourth field. It doesn't have an alt-tab, but it says "Choose". You're supposed to click on that one and the computer will pop up a window allowing you to pick the file you wish to send.

Below all of these is another button. This one does have an alt-tab, but it says " Address: http://www.yousendit.com/default.uplx " The button itself says "Send" and that's what you're supposed to hit in order to actually upload your file to the yousendit servers.

Looking at it from the perspective of accessability, I can see that it'd be pretty hard to figure that out without some help...
I'm glad you got my files!

I did find all the fields in yousendit.com, but I must be missing some piece of knowledge...But, I'll try it once more.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Chip,

Are these ready to be cataloged?
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
khiddy

Post by khiddy »

Hi,

If it's still open, I'd like to submit my version of #10: The Wolves, the Sheep, and The Ram

http://hallenius.org/librivox/fables_10_10_aesop.mp3

I'd appreciate some feedback!
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Hi folks, Chip appears to be MIA but I'll try to track him down to get these projects straightened out and finished up.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg

MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

khiddy wrote:Hi,

If it's still open, I'd like to submit my version of #10: The Wolves, the Sheep, and The Ram

http://hallenius.org/librivox/fables_10_10_aesop.mp3

I'd appreciate some feedback!
Hi khiddy,

I downloaded your reading: You do sound great! You can read for me any time!...And I hope you do!

I did submit a version of that one, and Chip did say he received it by e-mail.

Here it is if you want to give it a listen.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AF7875DC17F78152
It's not as "stable" as yours. :) It was one of my first, too...

MariaSC
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

Chip,

I'm a first time user but I think I'd like to give this thing a shot. Can I do Aesop's Vol. 10 "The Nightingale and the Hawk"? If no one else hasn't done it?
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

jbailey wrote:Chip,

I'm a first time user but I think I'd like to give this thing a shot. Can I do Aesop's Vol. 10 "The Nightingale and the Hawk"? If no one else hasn't done it?
Hi jbailey,

I've already done that one. We don't seem to know what Chip is up to. All these were done, but we haven't heard from him for a while.

I sent you a private message about another project I'm working on which might be of interest. I hope you look at it.
:)
MariaSC
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Alrighty folks, Chip is busy with real life so I'm taking over to finish these up. Unfortunately he was unable to locate any of these files. I downloaded the ones that were still on people's servers but anything that was sent using yousendit, sent directly to Chip, or taken off of your server, I don't have.

So... If you see this and you still have your recording, please send it to me via yousendit. I will contact anyone who does not reply to this thread via PM and/or email. If you no longer have your recording and want to rerecord, that would be wonderful.
-------
EDIT to add:

I have the files recorded by ndoo, AaronH, Corey, and revtjb. I marked these in the first post with "Yes". All others I will need resent. Thanks in advance for your understanding. :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg