COMPLETE: Cecilia: Memoirs of an Heiress by F. Burney - mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Ezwa,
thank you so much for section 048. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to claim more sections?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

I enjoyed reading it, Stav, thanks.
No other section for me, no. I'm trying to limit myself to sections with a maximum of around a thousand words when they are in English. Or it takes me forever to record them.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Section 048 is in the Magic Window. Thanks Ezwa! :D
Bloom where you’re planted!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Thanks Mary! 48 downloading- Image [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Section 48 - excellent! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi--

I've finished most of my editing of section 026.

The only thing I'm not sure how to deal with is that there are a few plosives left. I'm using audacity to record and edit, and I haven't quite figured out how to remove them. There's about half a dozen annoying ones left. It seems I have two choices: try to re-record the sentences containing them, which runs the risk of sounding a bit choppy, or leave them in.

How terrible is it to leave in the plosives?

The good news is, I think I have figured out how not to get them in the future :-)

--Dawn
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi--

I've uploaded section 026, edited as best I can.

Unfortunately, the browser got closed before I got the URL.

Please let me know if you need me to re-upload or if I need to fix anything further.

--Dawn
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for the file. A newer Chapter 26 is in the uploader folder. Could you please double check for me how long the file should be and I'll check the total time with the one that's been uploaded just to be sure the whole file did finish uploading.

I can also take a peek at the file for the plosives you mentioned and let you know. We shoot for a 99% accuracy rate target for our texts. For a 20 minute audio recording, that's equivalent to 12 seconds of error. I know from personal experience that plosives are tricky little things to get rid of once they appear. I'm glad you think you've found the way to avoid them in the future. It just all takes trial and error.

I know when my first microphone died I had the new "break-in" period to go through again with my new one. :D We want you to enjoy the process!

Mary
Bloom where you’re planted!
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi, Mary--

The version from this morning should be correct. I don't remember the exact time on the new file...I think it's 29:14 or so (I can't check just now...I don't have that computer available)...I imagine it may be slightly shorter than the earlier version.

I think the plosives aren't too bad, at this point...I listened to the whole thing last night, end-to-end. It would have been better had they never been there, but I think they aren't too distracting. Let me know if there are any remaining ones that you think still need surgery.

--Dawn
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi, Mary--

I just got the bright idea of checking the same URL as before:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mla/cecilia_026_burney.mp3

This does, indeed, have the updated version of the recording...

Please do check this one.

--Dawn
kristiface

Post by kristiface »

Sorry I'm so slow to get this up. It's been recorded forever but I just got around to editing it and getting it uploaded. 015 will follow within the next week.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mla/cecilia_014_burney.mp3
00:25:42
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi, Mary, Miss Stav and Kehinde--

I've uploaded Chapter 25. Please have a look and let me know if anything needs to be fixed!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mla/cecilia_025_burney.mp3

--Dawn
dawn

Post by dawn »

Hi--

I'll take a crack at section 016 -- An Affray, as nobody seems to have claimed it.

--Dawn
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Very well, dawn, section 016 is yours.

Dawn and Kristiface, I am so sorry that I didn't answer to your posts lately. I was so busy! Final tests... Well, thank you for your chapters.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.