[RESOLVED]Children of the New Forest

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
mlemmons

Post by mlemmons »

I downloaded the zip file of the entire book sometime between May 16 and the 19. Chapter 2 is missing. The file goes straight from chapter 1 to chapter 2.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

http://melissalemmons.blogspot.com/
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Melissa,

It looks like all the chapters are there in the zip but they may not be playing in order. I suspect that chapter 12 will also play out of order since 2 & 12 have track numbers while the rest of the files in the zip do not. On players that use the track number (as opposed to the title tag) this often occurs. This issue with track numbers happens sometimes when files are replaced after a project has been cataloged. When I have a chance, I'll see if I can fix this for future downloads.

Meanwhile if you find these two chapters on your hard drive and remove the track numbers from Chapters 2 & 12, I'll bet you can fix this on your local copy so you can listen to the whole story in correct order.

Jo
Jo
mlemmons

Post by mlemmons »

Thanks Jo, I'll check that.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

http://melissalemmons.blogspot.com/
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I'm not having any success getting rid of the track numbers for 2 & 12 in the zip file despite reuploading the 128 kbps files with the track numbers removed (which I'm sure has worked in the past :?). Anyway, maybe someone else can take a look at this at some point.
Jo
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

I'm pretty sure I managed to fix the files in the zip folder. Just held my tongue right, I guess. :D

Someone may want to double check me. I re-downloaded the zip once I changed the files and Chapters 2 and 12 no longer have the track number. Jo had already fixed the 128 kbps files.
Bloom where you’re planted!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I downloaded the 64kpbs file for Chapter 2 and it looks good - no track number. What did you do to fix it? Karen is having the same problem with Sense & Sensibility:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251885#251885

BTW I've unstickied this thread.
Jo
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Thanks, I couldn't figure out how to unstickify it. I changed the track to 00 in the ID3 tag...couldn't figure out how else to get the track number to go away other than that. Just one "0" didn't seem to do it. I then replaced the 64kbps files for these 2 files, then deleted the ogg file for it the zip and all the m3u files. Then re-derived.

I think I fixed the Sense and Sensibility one, as well, I've posted in that thread to that effect. I followed the same process there, as well.
Bloom where you’re planted!