COMPLETE: Aesop's Fables, Volume 10 (Fables 226-250) - SW/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pipacsos

Post by pipacsos »

ChipDoc wrote:Got them both, pipacsos. I just loved the characters you read in The Gnat and The Lion, but I've got to admit that it was good to hear the louder Swan. Try doing them all that way!
Thank you!! :)

Anyway, which way? Reading characters or reading somewhat louder?? :lol:

But too bad, I have recorded one more just for fun without asking you again, it was ridiculously short, maybe this is why noone has taken it. As I said, anyone wanting to pick it, just do it, I haven't waited for a confirmation after all. I simply see that some recordings are still waiting to be done, the completion target should be today , so I was just fooling around and had fun with them.... :lol:

10-06 THE DOGS AND THE FOX

Mariann
Mariann
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

Hi, I thought I miss Volume 10. But I saw that there are some left.

I took 10-08, "The Rose and the Amaranth."
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

pipacsos wrote:Anyway, which way? Reading characters or reading somewhat louder?? :lol:
Doing them both would be great, but I was really referring to being a bit louder. Though not something really critical, it does make it easier to get nice loud files. The normalizer works only just so well with quiet files, but it works great with nice loud ones.

Thanks for sending along The Dogs and The Fox!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

Nobody seems to want 10_07 "The Nightingale and The Hawk. (I don't blame you: The poor nightingale gets yelled at and then eaten...) I'll take it...
revtjb

Post by revtjb »

Chip,

I see this volume is winding down, and I want something short and sweet to start my LibriVox career :D

...So could you put me down for:

10-20 THE DOGS AND THE HIDES

and

10-22 THE FOWLER, THE PARTRIDGE, AND THE COCK

Thanks,
Tom

:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :)
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

Can I also have 10_10, "The Wolves, The Sheep, and The Ram?" (I think I'm getting a little better at this. Thank you both, Curtis and Chip. But I wish Curtis would take back 10_15, "...The Man Bitten..." I never wanted to take it away from you.)

MariaSC
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

MariaSC wrote:Nobody seems to want 10_07 "The Nightingale and The Hawk. (I don't blame you: The poor nightingale gets yelled at and then eaten...) I'll take it...
That poor nightingale! Some days are worse than others. OK, I've now given you these:

10-07 THE NIGHTINGALE AND THE HAWK <MariaSC>
10-08 THE ROSE AND THE AMARANTH <MariaSC>
10-10 THE WOLVES, THE SHEEP, AND THE RAM <MariaSC>

And I've given Curtis back this one:

*DONE*10-15 MERCURY AND THE MAN BITTEN BY AN ANT <SpectralDesign.Net>

I'm looking forward to hearing your three, Maria!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

revtjb wrote:I see this volume is winding down, and I want something short and sweet to start my LibriVox career :D
Welcome to LibriVox, Tom! These Fables really are a great way to get started. They're short enough that they don't burden you while you're learning the ins and outs of recording for LibriVox. Have fun with them!

10-20 THE DOGS AND THE HIDES <revtjb>
10-22 THE FOWLER, THE PARTRIDGE, AND THE COCK <revtjb>
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
MariaSC

Post by MariaSC »

Chip,

I've been attaching my MP3 files to emails to you. Have you been getting them? (I've been having Problems with yousendit.com.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I'm glad you said something Maria! Almost all of the mail that arrives at my home mailbox is junk, so I don't usually make a special point to get it. Now that I know your Fables are in there I'll be certain to download the mail tomorrow when I arrive home from work. Thanks!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
revtjb

Post by revtjb »

Chip,

Here is a link to my first recording:

http://www.kids4classics.com/audio/fables_10_20_aesop.mp3

I would appreciate feedback on this since it is my first attempt. I will wait to record my next one until I'm sure that I've done this correctly and that I have volume set properly.

The original WAV file sounded good, but after I converted it to mp3, I heard some pops and clicks in the playback. Maybe that was just my mp3 player.

Thanks.

-Tom
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thomas Bernthal
http://www.kids4classics.com
pipacsos

Post by pipacsos »

pipacsos wrote:Hi Chip,

I just saw that today is the deadline for Volume 10 and 6 fables haven't found voices yet which would "liberate" them.

So I felt free to take a lonely one and recorded it quickly....

10-22 THE FOWLER, THE PARTRIDGE AND THE COCK

I sent you another recording of the same fable, but my neighbors kept shutting the door and you hear all kinds of background noise there...at least I do....so simply ignore that one please. :D

If there are still some tomorrow or on Tuesday which noone is willing to read, I can take one or two more, Chip.

Mariann

Hi Chip,

You probably missed this message the other day as I sent you another recording...Would be great to get an answer every now and then...
Mariann
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Sorry, Maryann. I've really got to apologize to you and to Tom. I really didn't see that note you sent about 10_22. I nabbed it and it'll be the version we use in the final. I really need to be working a little less. Today is my 9th of 18 consecutive 14-hour days and I've been a little scattered lately. I apologize for that.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

revtjb wrote:I would appreciate feedback on this since it is my first attempt. I will wait to record my next one until I'm sure that I've done this correctly and that I have volume set properly.
Your recording is excellent, Tom. Nice and loud, well-paced, and filled with a warm intensity. Sorry about the mixup over The Fowler, The Partridge, and The Cock. I'm glad you waited before recording it. We'll have one more Volume of these fables starting up this weekend.

I'm guessing that you'd like to be credited like this on the Catalog page:

Thomas Bernthal
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
revtjb

Post by revtjb »

ChipDoc wrote:Sorry about the mixup over The Fowler, The Partridge, and The Cock. I'm glad you waited before recording it. We'll have one more Volume of these fables starting up this weekend.
No problem. When I asked for it, I had noticed it wasn't assigned on the 1st page. Later I noticed that it had been requested by someone else but not assigned, so I thought I should wait before doing it. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to practice on an easy one. Now I feel a little more confident to proceed.
ChipDoc wrote: I'm guessing that you'd like to be credited like this on the Catalog page:

Thomas Bernthal
Yes, that would be great. Thanks.
Thomas Bernthal
[url]http://www.kids4classics.com/[/url]