COMPLETE The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare - kh

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
asy

Post by asy »

WOW Gloriana! That's so cool thank you!!!

I'll upload all the new ones into the magic window in a minute :)

asy :D
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
mb

Post by mb »

asy

Post by asy »

Hi all, sorry I haven't replied, this headcold has floored me :(

mb, thanks so much for reading so quickly, it's fantastic!!!

Thanks again everyone.

To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
mb

Post by mb »

David O'Connell

Post by David O'Connell »

Here's an Antonio audition: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ixqqnvwoxgp

But any part is fine. (Except maybe Gratiano. Fool parts intimidate me.)
I once knew how to fix mercury, and now I am myself fixed.
asy

Post by asy »

Well, I think that was pretty fabulous, David! Thanks!

Antonio's all yours. I'll change the magic window shortly.

Thanks HEAPS for yours, too, mb! I think you're done! Much appreciated :)

Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

Here's the Prince of Aragon:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kh/merchantofvenice_aragon_act2_shakespeare.mp3

I noticed some contradiction in the instructions: they recommend noisecleaning, then immediately underneath say 'don't do any processing'. Hmm. Anyway this one has been noisecleaned but I can upload the raw version if you prefer.
asy

Post by asy »

Hi Guys, sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days, this cold fell into my chest and has floored me :(

Dave, thanks for Aragon, he's fabulous, as anticipated!

DSayers

Post by DSayers »

I'll be glad to serve as narrator ... hopefully, my American accent isn't an impediment.

As this is entirely act and scene names, it might be best to audition with any other of my other readings. I did read LAERTES ...

-denny
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

Salanio is done!

Audacity wouldn't let me use as long a file title as you were asking for, so I had to adjust it a bit -- hope it's alright. Also, there was one scene in there for Salanio (III.ii.) which wasn't listed in the magic box, so if you're using a wiki method to keep track of what's been recorded, make sure that you've got that scene listed too.

http://www.specksynder.com/librivox/timberwolfmage/merchantofvenice_salanio_1.mp3
http://www.specksynder.com/librivox/timberwolfmage/merchantofvenice_salanio_2.mp3
http://www.specksynder.com/librivox/timberwolfmage/merchantofvenice_salanio_3.mp3
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
asy

Post by asy »

COOL Denny, it's all yours!!!

Thanks Timberwolf, I'll update things now. I'm not using a wiki page, I'm using a boring old excel spreadsheet (mostly because I have no idea how to drive a wiki page, but excel is my friend). Odd that you couldn't do the file names, I wonder if you have a different version of audacity to me, everyone else's file names are much longer than yours too. Only thing I can think of is either a setting in audacity or a different version. Doesn't matter anyway, it's fine as it is, thanks :)

It's coming along now, My voice is nearly back to 'normal' and I can almost get a whole sentence out without a coughing fit (except when yelling at kids, which they find immensely hillarious :( )

Will update the window. ta all.

asy

Post by asy »

Dave in the Fax wrote: I noticed some contradiction in the instructions: they recommend noisecleaning, then immediately underneath say 'don't do any processing'. Hmm. Anyway this one has been noisecleaned but I can upload the raw version if you prefer.
Thanks Dave,

After discussion with the magnificent Kristin, I've removed the reference to people doing their own noisecleaning. So, if you don't mind, and you have it handy, could you please upload the other file?

Very much appreciated. Please let me know if you see any other faults or inconsistencies in the instructions.

Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Hi, Larysa and Kristin!

I'm wondering how you want me to read the narrator.

At first, I figured I would simply read the Scene Titles, and all stage directions in [square brackets]. But then I recalled a narrator for a recorded play who said the character's name the first time they spoke in a scene (and never again in that scene) in order to help the listener figure out the voices, I guess.

How would you like me to read the narrator?

-denny