Good Day from Albania!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SandraClare

Post by SandraClare »

I'm happy to be joining the Librivox team. Since retiring, my husband and I have been exploring different countries. Because I had to leave other volunteer positions when we moved, it occurred to me that it would be best to look for remote volunteer opportunities, that I could continue enjoying from wherever we landed. I enjoyed listening to Librivox audiobooks, when I used to drive to work. When I saw how easy it was to join Librivox and that it met my other criteria, I knew it was the opportunity I was looking for. I look forward to collaborating with the team on this worthwhile project!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome to Librivox, Sandra! Very exciting retirement life! What are some of your favourite foods from the different cuisines you've tasted so far?
I hope Librivox meets your volunteering expectations. Have fun here!
vviera

Post by vviera »

SandraClare wrote: July 9th, 2024, 1:07 pm I'm happy to be joining the Librivox team. Since retiring, my husband and I have been exploring different countries. Because I had to leave other volunteer positions when we moved, it occurred to me that it would be best to look for remote volunteer opportunities, that I could continue enjoying from wherever we landed. I enjoyed listening to Librivox audiobooks, when I used to drive to work. When I saw how easy it was to join Librivox and that it met my other criteria, I knew it was the opportunity I was looking for. I look forward to collaborating with the team on this worthwhile project!
Welcome, SandraClare!
How exciting to have such retirement adventures. While I've been living in one place, the flexibility of Librivox in my retirement is one of the best things about it for me. Do as much or little as you want, of only the projects you want, and when it's convenient for you. The deadlines are lenient - usually 2 months to complete a section you've committed to - and everyone is friendly and helpful!

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

I see you're already working on your 1-minute test and am sure you'll have that approved soon.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Cheers, VERLA
“Be careful, though, about your reading in many authors and every type of book. It may be that there is something wayward and unstable in it.” -Seneca, Letters on Ethics :lol: :lol: