[SOLO]Hearth and Home: Collected Poems and Stories -by Various -ag

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Lightcrystal is in as DPL. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

alg1001 wrote: June 11th, 2024, 3:27 am Lightcrystal is in as DPL. :)
Thank you! :thumbs:
Use an RSS Feed and you will never be hungry again.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

alg1001 wrote: June 11th, 2024, 3:27 am Lightcrystal is in as DPL. :)
I think you should move us to Going Solo - otherwise we are going to confuse people thinking they should try to sign up for sections :lol:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October 1919: 3 roles left
Good Words: January 1870: 6 roles left
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 1 is PL OK! :thumbs:
I can relate to this. I live near a school. There used to be school bells, music to mark the end of lunchtime recess, and announcements over the loudspeaker comm like "Ms Smith please come to the front office". I could hear them all. Now it's all silent. I was one of the last generations of people at school to have that adrenaline rush when the music started and you had "one minute" or so to rush off to the classroom line up point. If you were miles away at a big school it was a bit of a dash to make it in time. Sure it's more practical for voice over! There's more privacy: everyone around no longer thinks "why was Ms Smith called to the office? Hmm". But there's a human element and experience that had charm and it will never happen again.

Nice read!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

lightcrystal wrote: June 11th, 2024, 3:08 pm Section 1 is PL OK! :thumbs:
I can relate to this. I live near a school. There used to be school bells, music to mark the end of lunchtime recess, and announcements over the loudspeaker comm like "Ms Smith please come to the front office". I could hear them all. Now it's all silent. I was one of the last generations of people at school to have that adrenaline rush when the music started and you had "one minute" or so to rush off to the classroom line up point. If you were miles away at a big school it was a bit of a dash to make it in time. Sure it's more practical for voice over! There's more privacy: everyone around no longer thinks "why was Ms Smith called to the office? Hmm". But there's a human element and experience that had charm and it will never happen again.

Nice read!
That's so interesting that they don't have a school-wide intercom or school bells. I had school bells (digital bells, but a bell sound nonetheless) in high school to mark change of classes, but I know that in high school they started having the ability to individually intercom specific rooms so they didn't have to call the whole school. I have been out of high school for over six years so things very may have changed since :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Sorry! Over to Going Solo.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

alg1001 wrote: June 11th, 2024, 4:25 pm Sorry! Over to Going Solo.
No worries :)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

HI Elsie! Nice read and PL OK for section 2 :thumbs:

Section 3 I have a PL Note. At 0:37 you say "conger hunter". You need to say "conger hunting". I think that it should be corrected because that's what the short story is about.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I decided to PL the longer stories first.

Section 6 A Strange Wild Cat

PL Notes:

0:45 You read "our park numbered three" ; instead you need "our party numbered three".

Nice read. Just needs that change.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

lightcrystal wrote: June 16th, 2024, 2:23 am I decided to PL the longer stories first.

Section 6 A Strange Wild Cat

PL Notes:

0:45 You read "our park numbered three" ; instead you need "our party numbered three".

Nice read. Just needs that change.
Thanks for the careful PLs! I have reuploaded sections 3 and 6 for spot PL.

And you can PL them in whatever order you like :) You can already see I took the opposite approach to yours and recorded all the poems first :lol:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Sections 3 and 6 are PL OK! :thumbs:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 4 has PL Notes.

From 2:54 to 3:03 there is a repeat of “that night general Ryan and half a thousand Cubans” .
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Sections 5, 7, 8, 9 all PL OK :thumbs:
Very nicely read for Section 9! Character voices brought it to life :clap: :clap: :clap: