Hello from Halifax, NS!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ColinDycke

Post by ColinDycke »

Hello LibriVox! My name is Colin, and I've been an avid reader for much of my life (with some lapses here and there - looking at you, 20's hah). I came across LibriVox some years ago and was impressed with the mission of the site - what an amazing goal, to provide audiobooks (free of charge and without ads) to the public!

I currently manage the shipping/receiving arm of the largest potted plant and bouquet wholesaler in the province (Nova Scotia, Canada) with some... currently vague plans to return to school. I enjoy creating stencil art, cooking, playing chess in a local club and caring for my ever-expanding collection of houseplants. I have always loved listening to podcasts and audiobooks, they've been a staple of my auditory life for many years.

Throughout my life, I've been told I have a "voice for radio". I suppose a large part of why I've decided to volunteer here is to put that to the test - gain a little experience using recording software, sharpen my delivery, and make a contribution to the world. I've just finished recording my 1-Minute Test and am about to upload. I look forward to working with you all, and a hearty hello from Canada's East Coast!
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

ColinDycke wrote: June 7th, 2024, 6:25 am Hello LibriVox! My name is Colin, and I've been an avid reader for much of my life (with some lapses here and there - looking at you, 20's hah). I came across LibriVox some years ago and was impressed with the mission of the site - what an amazing goal, to provide audiobooks (free of charge and without ads) to the public!

I currently manage the shipping/receiving arm of the largest potted plant and bouquet wholesaler in the province (Nova Scotia, Canada) with some... currently vague plans to return to school. I enjoy creating stencil art, cooking, playing chess in a local club and caring for my ever-expanding collection of houseplants. I have always loved listening to podcasts and audiobooks, they've been a staple of my auditory life for many years.

Throughout my life, I've been told I have a "voice for radio". I suppose a large part of why I've decided to volunteer here is to put that to the test - gain a little experience using recording software, sharpen my delivery, and make a contribution to the world. I've just finished recording my 1-Minute Test and am about to upload. I look forward to working with you all, and a hearty hello from Canada's East Coast!
Welcome to LibriVox Colin! You have a lot of hobbies!

If you have any questions let us know here. LibriVox is a very friendly community. :mrgreen:

Some people like to parts-PL or DPL. Here's all the info about that. (a really important part of our system!)

Now that you've completed your test, just claim a chapter that interests you! Lots of choices.
Have fun,