[solo] The Story of the Treasure Seekers by E. Nesbit - lt

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 14th, 2024, 9:39 am Make that all the rest of the sections, actually! :9:
Yaya! So exciting! I'll begin working on these!

Chapter 12 is PL OK!

Optional edit: there is 2-ish second pause around 15 minutes that feels slightly too long but it's passable.
It's where Oswald is awakened by Alice, right before Alice speaks.
-- Nicole
Sailing in a general... that way direction.

2023, 2024: Current Reads: They Shoot Canoes Don't They, Robinhood
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 14th, 2024, 9:39 am Make that all the rest of the sections, actually! :9:
Chapter 13
Please snip down the silence at the beginning to around 1 second

Otherwise there were also few stumbly bits I noted, I'm not sure if they qualify as needing to be fixed or not, I'll let you take a listen.
2:33 I hear "norm-chural price"
4:15 I hear "no one to p-poke a fire" < should be easy to snip out that first "p"
9:13 & 9:20 sounds a bit stumbly around coat and trousers and a slight pause in gentlemanly in "gentlemanly demeanor"
13:57 where it says "Father do this to his friends"

Chapter 14 is PL OK!
-- Nicole

Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Ready for Spot PL! (and the silence has been adjusted on 12; thanks for the heads-up :D )
How's the almost-summer season going for you and yours?
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-EarthπŸ§β€β™€οΈ, classicsπŸ“–, and artπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 19th, 2024, 1:32 pm Ready for Spot PL! (and the silence has been adjusted on 12; thanks for the heads-up :D )
How's the almost-summer season going for you and yours?
Chapters 12 and 13 are PL OK!

Almost-summer has been alright. Lots of seasonal allergies, pausing school stuff so we can create new habits and dig through and reorganizing everything, and even a few blissful summer-like days. Seeds we planted are up and about to bloom. We're starting to move toward some more creative activities as my 6 yr old is learning to knit and I've started a new embroidery project. We've started counting down the days until our first tent camping trip of the year which happens next month and we need to start thinking about what we wish to enter into the county fair which happens in August. I love summer, I'm so excited. :clap:

How is almost-summer going over there?!
-- Nicole

CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Chapter 15
at 3:13 I heard "we should honor ho-vernest poverty"
Otherwise it was lovely!

Chapter 16
2:21 there's a slight pause "Stricken with wonder and amaze...ment when the cab really did stop.

10:43 I hear: "I thought it was not quite polite for of him to say so"

11:16 snip out a weird wee bit in here "to look at the fox thoroughly and made ... the uncle take off the glass"

13:21 little audio break in the word "for": "I shall put all of that in another book f-... for there is no room"
-- Nicole

Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Thank you! Everything is ready for Spot PL!
Almost-summer is going well, things are wrapping up nicely and I'm going to start doing some volunteering at a nearby historical site. That's so great about your child's learning of new skills; best wishes for the county fair! :thumbs:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-EarthπŸ§β€β™€οΈ, classicsπŸ“–, and artπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑May 28th, 2024, 10:27 am Thank you! Everything is ready for Spot PL!
Almost-summer is going well, things are wrapping up nicely and I'm going to start doing some volunteering at a nearby historical site. That's so great about your child's learning of new skills; best wishes for the county fair! :thumbs:
We're so close!
So chapter 15 we can call PL OK if you like, it sounds better but I think I still hear "honor hovest poverty" at 3:13.

But 16 is now missing the words "at the fox thoroughly" in the following sentence:
"Then we all went down and looked at the fox thoroughly, and made the Uncle take the glass off"
At 11:12
-- Nicole