Dramatic Reading Suggestions

Plays and other dramatic works
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

redrun wrote: May 25th, 2024, 3:30 pm
ShellyW wrote: May 25th, 2024, 3:18 pm Far above rubies is about 45 ish minutes. I figured 4 10-minute sections. I will think about a chapter I might like to do though, since you have stepped fwd. :D
Making a script is probably the easiest part, though errors there will show up much later. This is part of why I recommend going through the rest on a smaller project, before launching a bigger one. :wink:

Perhaps you're talking about an abridged version of Far Above Rubies? Here's the one I noticed in our catalog, with a runtime of over 2 hours:
https://librivox.org/far-above-rubies-by-george-macdonald/

If there is an abridged version that is also PD, and would fit in 45 minutes, then that would be another good pick for the DR Scene & Story Collection. :D
Guess what, my brain did a dumb thing. The PG text is 45 pages long. Nothing to do with minutes. please ignore me :thumbs:
Shelly

Open roles viewtopic.php?t=101842
Cover Art https://archive.org/search?query=shelly+weingart
ShellyWeingart.com
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Hello! I would like to suggest to anyone who is willing to set up a dramatic of Jane of Lantern Hill, by L.M. Montgomery. If it works out I would LOVE to be Jane. I think it's in the public domain? Correct me if I am wrong :)
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

victoriaalicebell wrote: May 13th, 2024, 6:33 pm
Bookworm360 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 6:23 pm
victoriaalicebell wrote: May 12th, 2024, 6:02 am I'm going to be starting Anne of Green Gables hopefully sometime this month.
Count me in!!! Who do you need me to be?
That's awesome! I'm not sure, what would you like? I may have missed some characters but here are the majority of them along with the voice preferences. Gender specific. The major roles will probably be claimed fast. :wink:
Claimed:
  • Anne Shirley
  • Diana Barry
  • Jane Andrews
  • Marilla Cuthbert
  • Josephine Barry
Open
  • Ruby Gillis
    Female - Girlish voice
  • Josie Pye
    Female - Girlish voice
  • Flora Jane
    Female - Girlish voice
  • Mrs. Lynde
    Female - Senior voice
  • Mrs. Blewett
    Female - Middle aged voice
  • Mrs. Barry
  • Mrs. Spencer
  • Stationmaster
    Male - Any voice
  • Matthew Cuthbert
    Male - Senior voice
  • Mr. Barry
    Male - Middle aged voice
  • Gilbert Blythe
    Male - Boyish voice
Thanks,

Hello! I am in teens and am a female. Could you recommend a role for me? Also is it possible for the next books in the series, could I claim Anne. No worries if not :wink:
~All the best,
Joy~

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:25 pm Hello! I would like to suggest to anyone who is willing to set up a dramatic of Jane of Lantern Hill, by L.M. Montgomery. If it works out I would LOVE to be Jane. I think it's in the public domain? Correct me if I am wrong :)
Moving this to the Dramatc Reading Suggestions thread. :thumbs:
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

redrun wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:38 pm
j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:25 pm Hello! I would like to suggest to anyone who is willing to set up a dramatic of Jane of Lantern Hill, by L.M. Montgomery. If it works out I would LOVE to be Jane. I think it's in the public domain? Correct me if I am wrong :)
OK ty :D
~All the best,
Joy~

j0lly

Post by j0lly »

redrun wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:38 pm
Sorry, just wondering isn't this Dramatic reading Suggestions? Or is another place your moving it to??
~All the best,
Joy~

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, not PD yet. Published in 1937, it'll be PD in 2033.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

TriciaG wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:52 pm
No, not PD yet. Published in 1937, it'll be PD in 2033.
OK thankyou!
~All the best,
Joy~

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:46 pm Sorry, just wondering isn't this Dramatic reading Suggestions? Or is another place your moving it to??
You had posted one message to this thread, and one as a new thread in the Book Suggestions forum. But since it was a Dramatic Reading suggestion, I moved it here.
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:29 pm Hello! I am in teens and am a female. Could you recommend a role for me? Also is it possible for the next books in the series, could I claim Anne. No worries if not :wink:
Any of the 3 girls:
  • Ruby Gillis
  • Josie Pye
  • or Flora Jane
Thanks,
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

redrun wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:58 pm
j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:46 pm Sorry, just wondering isn't this Dramatic reading Suggestions? Or is another place your moving it to??
You had posted one message to this thread, and one as a new thread in the Book Suggestions forum. But since it was a Dramatic Reading suggestion, I moved it here.
:thumbs:
~All the best,
Joy~

j0lly

Post by j0lly »

victoriaalicebell wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm
j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 12:29 pm Hello! I am in teens and am a female. Could you recommend a role for me? Also is it possible for the next books in the series, could I claim Anne. No worries if not :wink:
Any of the 3 girls:
  • Ruby Gillis
  • Josie Pye
  • or Flora Jane
Thanks,
Ok! I'll take Ruby Gillis:) Also, is it possible if I could be Anne for the next few books of the anne series?
~All the best,
Joy~

victoriaalicebell

j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 2:33 pm
Any of the 3 girls:
  • Ruby Gillis
  • Josie Pye
  • or Flora Jane
Thanks,
Ok! I'll take Ruby Gillis:) Also, is it possible if I could be Anne for the next few books of the anne series?
Ruby Gillis is yours!
victoriaalicebell

If anyone is interested in scripting a chapter or two of Anne of Green Gables, that would be really helpful! I've got 11 chapters left.

Also, we still need a dpl, pl, and narrator (editor already claimed). Feel free to grab one of those if you have time.
Thanks,
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

victoriaalicebell wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 2:48 pm
j0lly wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 2:33 pm

Any of the 3 girls:
  • Ruby Gillis
  • Josie Pye
  • or Flora Jane
Thanks,
Ruby Gillis is yours!
:D :thumbs:
~All the best,
Joy~