[GIRL'S ADVENTURE]The Camp Fire Girls' Careers, by Margaret Vandercook - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
rohitgokhale

Post by rohitgokhale »

Hi. I see that Chapter 11 is 'OPEN'. Can I take it?

Rohit Gokhale
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

rohitgokhale wrote: May 17th, 2024, 10:38 pm Hi. I see that Chapter 11 is 'OPEN'. Can I take it?

Rohit Gokhale

Absolutely! Thank you so much!

I know that you were asked in another project what name you would like credited on your catalog page. You can choose to have your forum name, your real name, or a fake name. Let me know what you would like and I will put that on your page.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
rohitgokhale

Post by rohitgokhale »

Hi Ann. I hope it's okay if I submit by May end? And also, what's the procedure if I have some query pertaining to the text? I mean, if I need some clarity regarding the way a particular section needs to be addressed, etc.? Should I ask you through a personal message? Still very wet behind the ears, hence the very basic questions :help:

As to the name, yes, Rohit Gokhale would do nicely, thank you!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

rohitgokhale wrote: May 18th, 2024, 9:30 pm Hi Ann. I hope it's okay if I submit by May end? And also, what's the procedure if I have some query pertaining to the text? I mean, if I need some clarity regarding the way a particular section needs to be addressed, etc.? Should I ask you through a personal message? Still very wet behind the ears, hence the very basic questions :help:

As to the name, yes, Rohit Gokhale would do nicely, thank you!
Here is your catalog page, Rohit! https://librivox.org/reader/19486

As far as how you should read a section is up to you. We don't reject a recording because it doesn't meet some standard that is purely subjective. That's the fun thing about LibriVox! It is the reader's choice how to read a passage. The only thing I do recommend is to read naturally, you don't have to add drama or use different voices for each character. If you can pull it off, great! If you are not comfortable with creating different voices, that is fine, too. You just can't add sound effects, because we don't know if they are in the public domain or not, and we can't purposely change the text because there is a word that is offensive. Mistakes are one thing, and they do happen, but making change because the text reflects society at the time it was written is completely different. I hope I answered your question! If not, or if you have more questions, please ask! That is how we learn! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
rohitgokhale

Post by rohitgokhale »

All clear Ann. Thanks for the broad directives. I will keep those in mind for sure. :)

Rohit
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thanks Nancy!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »