SOLO The Life of Florence Nightingale by Sarah Tooley - dc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 12 is up.
Don't read this just before bedtime. The images of the hospital will give you nightmares.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 12 is PL OK :thumbs:

we have several medical-oriented people in our family, and dinner conversations have frequently been what most people would call very disturbing. :lol: :hmm: :P
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 13 is ready for a listen. :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 13 is technically good to go, just wanted to give you a courtesy note about a short volume spike at 19:03.

What a harrowing chapter in terms of bureaucratic STUPIDITY, men dying right and left for no half-good reason. I would go berserk at those in charge. I wonder if she ever got reimbursed for all the things she provided on her own account.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks for the heads up. i will make a note to myself to check it tomorrow.
Yes, I felt exactly the same way when I read the chapter. And admired her all the more.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Ok, I smoothed that out. Ready for spot pl. Think I will record while Mare gets groceries....
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nice :) I've marked 13 PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 14 is up. Very sad and moving.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 14 is PL OK :thumbs:

I keep encountering the Crimean War in all my books right now, including bedside reading, and each reading makes it look worse for horrid conditions and ineptitude. Seems like a smooth line between the management of that war and the debacle of the Somme in WWI. 🫣
~Lynette * -