[Group] Poetry: A Magazine of Verse, Vol. 20, No. 6, Sep., 1922-mas

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

alanmapstone wrote: May 24th, 2024, 12:26 am Section 2 - My Country

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryv20n6_02_128kb.mp3

Just to get things started :wink:
Hi Alan everything seems perfect except the intro.

Please note the following:
ehsanesque wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:43 pm
Intro to Section 1:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

• Say:
"Section 1 of Poetry: A Magazine of Verse, Vol 20, No. 6, Sept. 1922, edited by Harriet Monroe"
"[Poem title], by [Author], read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
• Then read the poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.

For the poems in sections 2 to 42, use the short poetry disclaimer:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

• Say:
"[Poem title], by [Author], read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that using the title and author listed in the MW, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
• Then read the poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.

So you have to say the longer intro for the first section and short intro for the rest.

Note: Section 1 is section 2 at present since I added an extra tab above it as "Poetry"
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ehsanesque wrote: May 24th, 2024, 4:04 am
So you have to say the longer intro for the first section and short intro for the rest.
Note: Section 1 is section 2 at present since I added an extra tab above it as "Poetry"
Hi Ehsan
If I redo this as section 1 should it have 01 or 02 as the section number in the Filename. If it has 01 then all subsequent sections will have filenames which are out of synch with the numbers in MW. You need to rearrange MW to reflect the filenames you want eventually or most people will use the wrong section numbers in their filenames and that will be chaos.

I will not do any more recordings until the MW has been sorted out.
Cheers
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

alanmapstone wrote: May 24th, 2024, 5:25 am
ehsanesque wrote: May 24th, 2024, 4:04 am
Hi Ehsan
If I redo this as section 1 should it have 01 or 02 as the section number in the Filename. If it has 01 then all subsequent sections will have filenames which are out of synch with the numbers in MW. You need to rearrange MW to reflect the filenames you want eventually or most people will use the wrong section numbers in their filenames and that will be chaos.

I will not do any more recordings until the MW has been sorted out.
Cheers

I think you got a valid concern there. I rearranged the tabs, guess we can't afford the luxury of that. Everything is like the way it was, no big issue.

Just remember to upload the first file again as secion 01
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

AgnesRobert wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 11:50 am hello, could I please read

8-14 and 26, 29, 34
Hi Agnes, please remember after the section update your sections are 7-13, 25, 28, 33

Thanks.
Kiki7997

Post by Kiki7997 »

Good morning. I would like to read section 3. "Nothin.'"
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Kiki7997 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 7:51 am Good morning. I would like to read section 3. "Nothin.'"
Hi, thanks for claiming. As a new reader, you are advised to do the "1 Minute Test" before you start contributing. You can find the details here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Meanwhile, I will set you up for this section. So, apart from your username, do you have a preference for what your display name should be?
Kiki7997

Post by Kiki7997 »

Just Kiki or Kiki C is fine. I'll give the test a try as soon as I'm able.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I take 15 and 16?

~ Larry
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

silverquill wrote: May 24th, 2024, 12:07 pm May I take 15 and 16?
Thanks Lary. MW Updated.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Thanks, Alan, PL OKAY :thumbs:
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 7:51 pm Ehsan,

I've changed the disclaimer a bit. It's ok to use the shorter poetry disclaimer for the poems, but when I MC books of poetry, I like to have the name of the book at the beginning of the first section as well as at the end of the final section.

Since the comments and reviews run 3-5 pages each, I've added the normal disclaimer to those sections ... well, I've had to modify it a bit to get rid of the section number. I understand why you've put sections in the MW to show when the book moves from poems to comments and reviews, but when it comes time to catalog the project, I'll need to remove these sections (since there is no file associated with them) and renumber the files. We don't want gaps in the file numbers in a cataloged project (because people think something is missing) and we don't want people saying it's section 51 in their intro when it will be file 49 once it's cataloged. To solve that, I think we can leave the section number out of the intro.

I'll put you in as DPL and move this over to readers wanted.

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn, perhaps you will be able to PL my sections? I uploaded the files and added the link the MW. If you are not able to do so, please let me know. Thank you!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

May I claim sections 17 through 24 (all the Leonora Speyer poems)? They're all quite short.

Thanks,
Winnifred