[COOKING] Modern Domestic Cookery by WA Henderson - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
SimplySilasE

Post by SimplySilasE »

Ah, okay. I also didn't change it because the correct word could be multiple different things. The phrase is "drop with a spoon into the hot fritters" and it likely should be something like drop with a spoon into the 'hot lard', or 'hot butter', or 'hot pan', because obviously you can't drop a spoon of fritter batter into a hot fritter :lol: :lol: . Should I go ahead and rerecord that recipe with one of those options, and reupload the file?
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

SimplySilasE wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 9:40 am Ah, okay. I also didn't change it because the correct word could be multiple different things. The phrase is "drop with a spoon into the hot fritters" and it likely should be something like drop with a spoon into the 'hot lard', or 'hot butter', or 'hot pan', because obviously you can't drop a spoon of fritter batter into a hot fritter :lol: :lol: . Should I go ahead and rerecord that recipe with one of those options, and reupload the file?
Nah just leave it, if you're not even clear what the word should be it's probably best to just leave it as is
SimplySilasE

Post by SimplySilasE »

Okie dokie, I'll leave it word perfect! I didn't want to guess at the fat used to fry in the recipe, since they varied throughout the section, and some recipes were super specific about it and some weren't. Thank you so much for your help/advice :D
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

SimplySilasE wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 9:50 am Okie dokie, I'll leave it word perfect! I didn't want to guess at the fat used to fry in the recipe, since they varied throughout the section, and some recipes were super specific about it and some weren't. Thank you so much for your help/advice :D
Sounds good and no problem, thank you for your enthusiasm and contribution to this project :thumbs:
marisad6

Post by marisad6 »

Hi, may I claim 13 & 15, please?
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

marisad6 wrote: May 25th, 2024, 6:12 am Hi, may I claim 13 & 15, please?
You may indeed, thank you! :thumbs:
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Chapter 29 just has a repeat of "Vegetables and Roots" at the end of the intro.
Chapter 36 is PL OK!
Great readings all round. :thumbs:
By the way, does anyone know what is meant by a salamander in this context(chapter 36 mentions it)?
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Bookworm360 wrote: May 26th, 2024, 10:37 am By the way, does anyone know what is meant by a salamander in this context(chapter 36 mentions it)?

4: an article used in connection with fire: such as
a: a cooking utensil for browning a food (such as pastry or pudding)
b: a portable stove
c: a cooking device with an overhead heat source like a broiler

(Merriam Webster)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

TriciaG wrote: May 26th, 2024, 11:33 am
Bookworm360 wrote: May 26th, 2024, 10:37 am By the way, does anyone know what is meant by a salamander in this context(chapter 36 mentions it)?

4: an article used in connection with fire: such as
a: a cooking utensil for browning a food (such as pastry or pudding)
b: a portable stove
c: a cooking device with an overhead heat source like a broiler

(Merriam Webster)
mtweston

Post by mtweston »

My mistake. I thought we were supposed to read the name of the chapter after the intro. I've deleted that part and new runtime is 9min. 31 seconds. Thanks!
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_29_henderson_128kb.mp3
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

mtweston wrote: May 27th, 2024, 8:39 pm My mistake. I thought we were supposed to read the name of the chapter after the intro. I've deleted that part and new runtime is 9min. 31 seconds. Thanks!
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_29_henderson_128kb.mp3
Thank you! This is ready for Spot PL :thumbs:
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

PL OK!
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

May I continue with section zero and Sections 42-47...
BettyB