COMPLETE The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail by Edith B. Davidson - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail, by Edith Davidson

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-blowing-away-of-mr-bushy-tail-by-edith-b-davidson/
A tale of the adventures and misadventures of Mr. Bushy Tale on his quest to find food for his family to last the winter. (Summary by Natalie Fortier)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/73490

Target completion date: 2024-07-19

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure; Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, animals, squirrels, chipmunks

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail, by Edith Davidson. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail, by Edith Davidson. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail, by Edith Davidson."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: blowingawayofmrbushytail_##_davidson_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. blowingawayofmrbushytail_01_davidson_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: KiltedDragon

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

Good afternoon,
This is my first solo book project. Please let me know if I followed the protocol correctly. :)
Thank you so much,
Natalie
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Natalie, I have set this up for you and the MW is now ready to go. Since you are a new BC, here are the instructions you need to read to be able to fill in the information there. It looks like a lot but just take your time and work your way down through it; it really becomes easier after the first time. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help.

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
loon

Post by loon »

Natalie, if you are searching for a Proof Listener I'd be happy to do that for this book.
Current Dramatic Reading: Stand By For Mars! - Roles open.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

KiltedDragon wrote: May 20th, 2024, 8:21 pm Hi Natalie, I have set this up for you and the MW is now ready to go. Since you are a new BC, here are the instructions you need to read to be able to fill in the information there. It looks like a lot but just take your time and work your way down through it; it really becomes easier after the first time. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help.

Will do. Thank you so much!
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

loon wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:45 pm Natalie, if you are searching for a Proof Listener I'd be happy to do that for this book.
I will need one. That would be great! Thanks! :D
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

NFortier wrote: May 21st, 2024, 9:31 am
KiltedDragon wrote: May 20th, 2024, 8:21 pm Hi Natalie, I have set this up for you and the MW is now ready to go. Since you are a new BC, here are the instructions you need to read to be able to fill in the information there. It looks like a lot but just take your time and work your way down through it; it really becomes easier after the first time. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help.

Will do. Thank you so much!
Hi Barry,
I have finished all the chapters (they were short). Should I put the links in the comments here or should I go ahead and put them in the magic window for the PL?
Thanks,
Natalie
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Since they are all done, just put them in the Listen column in the MW. Also, add the times in the Notes column and change the Status column to Ready for PL. :)
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
loon

Post by loon »

I have a public affairs forum to run tech on this evening - I'll listen to your chapters later tonight or tomorrow.
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

KiltedDragon wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 3:19 pm Since they are all done, just put them in the Listen column in the MW. Also, add the times in the Notes column and change the Status column to Ready for PL. :)
Sounds good! I'll do that when I get home this afternoon. Thanks!
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

loon wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 3:29 pm I have a public affairs forum to run tech on this evening - I'll listen to your chapters later tonight or tomorrow.
Ok, thank you very much!
loon

Post by loon »

When you have the chapters uploaded put the links into the Magic Window or post them and I'll start listening.
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

loon wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 8:48 am When you have the chapters uploaded put the links into the Magic Window or post them and I'll start listening.
I just put them in the Magic Window. Sorry for the delay, but I didn't see your earlier message until this morning and was only able to upload this afternoon when I got home. Thanks for proof listening!
loon

Post by loon »

NFortier wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 12:00 pm
loon wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 8:48 am When you have the chapters uploaded put the links into the Magic Window or post them and I'll start listening.
I just put them in the Magic Window. Sorry for the delay, but I didn't see your earlier message until this morning and was only able to upload this afternoon when I got home. Thanks for proof listening!
Natalie -

Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 are PL OK.

A small fix is needed in chapter 6: the start of the recording has close to 4 seconds of room tone before you speak. That needs to be trimmed down to 1 second or less. You can then re-upload with the same file name (and let me know when it's ready for a spot check).

Chapter 8 should end with
End of Chapter 8. End of The Blowing Away of Mr. Bushy Tail, by Edith Davidson.
Please add that extra text and re-upload.

All the chapters in this book are so short you could have recorded it as a single longer section. The chapters could be separated by a 2 or 3 second pause followed by "Chapter two: Not a Creature was Stirring Not Even a Mouse" for example. Recording it as individual chapters works too, of course.

Please make those two fixes and your audiobook will be on the way to joining the LV catalog.
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

Oh that would have been much better, because the chapters are so short. I didn't know that was an option. Next time I'll know. :) I've re-uploaded Chapters 6 and 8 with the corrections.
Thanks,
Natalie