[FULL] The Riddle and Other Stories by Walter de la Mare-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Liquidsilver

Post by Liquidsilver »

Ok, I think i figured it out looks like the original file was too large split it during a pause and that gets the whole thing. Here is section 11a and 11b
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_11a_delamare_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_11b_delamare138kb.mp3 :clap:
Liquidsilver

Post by Liquidsilver »

Here is the fixed version. :roll: For some reason it was trying to upload all the different files at once echooooo.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_11_delamare128kb.mp3
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Liquidsilver wrote: May 13th, 2024, 5:07 pm Here is the fixed version. :roll: For some reason it was trying to upload all the different files at once echooooo.
Thanks! Just one more small tweak before I mark it ready for PL. Can you reupload one more time and add an underscore '_' between delamare and 128kb? Thanks
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Liquidsilver wrote: May 13th, 2024, 5:07 pm Here is the fixed version. :roll: For some reason it was trying to upload all the different files at once echooooo.
Nevermind. I went ahead and fixed it myself and reuploaded. It's ready for PL now.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi Liquidsilver! Welcome to LV, and congrats on your first few recordings. You have a very pleasant tone. There are edits needed. I have listed the timing by each, and if completed in the same as the list order, the timing should match up. I know the list looks long, but you'll see that most of them are silences that just need to be edited down to smaller timeframes. Once edits are complete, please reupload the file (under the correct name) and post in this thread (with the new run time) so I can do a quick spot check.

Ending - Please shorten silence after "End of section 11" to 5 seconds. Currently it's closer to 45 seconds.

Around 54:07 - heard "After all, one does not ignore..." should be "After all, one does ignore..."
Around 33:00-33:05 - please shorten this longer period of silence.
Around 29:17 - stumble on "...was once a wood of birches..."
Around 29:13 - repeat of this in "this macadamized road"
Around 27:50-27:55 - please shorten the longer period of silence.
Around 26:42 - heard "out of her little bottle-case casement.." should be "out of her little bottle-glass casement..."
Around 26:27 - repeat of "So drastic was the relation between the valley-village and the hill that for upwards..." (Sounds like the second take is the one you'll want to keep)
Around 14:26-14:37 - please shorten the longer period of silence.
Around 12:28 - please omit "of" before "That's as it may be."
Around 8:45 - 8:52 - please shorten this longer period of silence.
Around 7:58 - heard "...there are one or two of their own ledgers.." should be "there are one of two of their old ledgers..."
Around 7:05-7:11 - please shorten the longer period of silence here.
Around 3:35 - 3:55 - please shorten this longer period of silence.
Around 3:08 - missing the paragraph starting with "Maunders turned his long, large palish face..." This falls after "Anyhow, Bettie will like it." and before "Amateur".

Intro - Running long around 8 seconds. Please shorten to .5 - 1 second total.
Cheers, Claire
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Cbteddy wrote: May 30th, 2024, 4:09 pm
Hi Liquidsilver! Welcome to LV, and congrats on your first few recordings. You have a very pleasant tone. There are edits needed. I have listed the timing by each, and if completed in the same as the list order, the timing should match up. I know the list looks long, but you'll see that most of them are silences that just need to be edited down to smaller timeframes. Once edits are complete, please reupload the file (under the correct name) and post in this thread (with the new run time) so I can do a quick spot check.

Ending - Please shorten silence after "End of section 11" to 5 seconds. Currently it's closer to 45 seconds.

Around 54:07 - heard "After all, one does not ignore..." should be "After all, one does ignore..."
Around 26:42 - heard "out of her little bottle-case casement.." should be "out of her little bottle-glass casement..."
Around 26:27 - repeat of "So drastic was the relation between the valley-village and the hill that for upwards..." (Sounds like the second take is the one you'll want to keep)
Around 7:58 - heard "...there are one or two of their own ledgers.." should be "there are one of two of their old ledgers..."
Around 3:08 - missing the paragraph starting with "Maunders turned his long, large palish face..." This falls after "Anyhow, Bettie will like it." and before "Amateur".

Ok, so I think Liquidsilver is probably MIA at this point, having not logged onto the forum in over a month. I've decided to take a stab at editing this one myself, including recording the missing sentence at 3:08. I've tried to make it not sound too different. Hopefully it works. It's ready for PL now.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

flavo5000 wrote: Yesterday, 7:49 am

Ok, so I think Liquidsilver is probably MIA at this point, having not logged onto the forum in over a month. I've decided to take a stab at editing this one myself, including recording the missing sentence at 3:08. I've tried to make it not sound too different. Hopefully it works. It's ready for PL now.
Spot PL OK! Amazing job with those edits!

And, I believe this wraps up this project. Great job everyone!
Cheers, Claire
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Cbteddy wrote: Today, 7:22 am
flavo5000 wrote: Yesterday, 7:49 am

Spot PL OK! Amazing job with those edits!

And, I believe this wraps up this project. Great job everyone!
Awesome! Thanks for PLing!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

alg1001 wrote: December 19th, 2023, 4:57 am Hi Ben,
I'll MC this for you. Love Walter de la Mare.
-Amy
This one is ready to catalog!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! I've looking forward to listening to it. Will get started.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood