Last of the Great Scouts, by Helen Cody Wetmore - kd

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Last of the Great Scouts, by Helen Cody Wetmore (1850 - 1911)
A biographical account of the boy who became "Buffalo Bill" written by his sister. A wide variety of experiences from his first job as a mule-driver on the Kansas plains, as a Pony Express rider, a cavalry scout and Indian fighter, a buffalo hunter, and a celebrity with his famous "Wild West Show." (Summary by Barry Eads)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1248/1248-h/1248-h.htm

Target completion date: 2024-06-25

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Westerns

Keywords that describe the book: history, biography, buffalo bill, William Cody

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Last of the Great Scouts. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Last of the Great Scouts, by Helen Cody Wetmore. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Last of the Great Scouts, by Helen Cody Wetmore. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Last of the Great Scouts, by Helen Cody Wetmore."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: lastofgreatscouts_##_wetmore_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. lastofgreatscouts_01_wetmore_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: KiltedDragon

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I had a listener request for me to record this book. ColleenMc has agreed to DPL. :)
Barry
My Recordings
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Wow it’s got a lot finished already! I have my lineup for this afternoon while I’m waiting for a friend at the doctor’s!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Parts 0 through 4 are PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I forgot when I PL'd the first 5 sections the other day that they had not yet been run through the Checker. Fortunately the Checker passed them all. However, I ran the chapters through 9 through the checker and chapters 5 and 7 failed as they had a noise level above 50. I haven't listened to either yet but if you want to do some noise reduction on the files and reupload, I can check it again when I prooflisten tonight or tomorrow. I haven't checked the files after 9 yet as I have to sign off here for a doctor's appt in a few.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Chapters 5, 7, 10, 11, 14, and 17 have all been re-uploaded.
Barry
My Recordings
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I'm getting a 404 error on chapters 22, 23, and 24. Chapters 25 and 26 are present and accounted for.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

ColleenMc wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 12:04 pm I'm getting a 404 error on chapters 22, 23, and 24. Chapters 25 and 26 are present and accounted for.

Colleen
Uploaded now. Guess I better make sure I just forgot to upload them and didn't upload them into someone else's folder. :shock:
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I just uploaded chapter 29; there is a part later in the chapter of a black preacher that I had some trouble with. It took a while to try and get it to "flow"; wish the author had just written it normally.
Barry
My Recordings
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Chapter 6 through 11 PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Last chapter has been uploaded. No hurry to finish the PL though. :D
Barry
My Recordings
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I’m looking forward to listening to more of this! Hoping to do another multi chapter gulp today.
Colleen McMahon