Destiny, Volume 2 by Susan Edmonstone Ferrier - brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
johenderson1307

Post by johenderson1307 »

I would like to offer to read chapter 4.
Thank
Jo
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

johenderson1307 wrote: May 17th, 2024, 11:23 am I would like to offer to read chapter 4.
Thank
Jo
Thanks Jo! I will assign that to you straightaway.
barleyguy

Post by barleyguy »

Hi. I'd like to volunteer for Chapter 7.

Cheers,

Harley.
So that's what an invisible barrier looks like... (Time Bandits)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

barleyguy wrote: May 18th, 2024, 10:26 am Hi. I'd like to volunteer for Chapter 7.

Cheers,

Harley.
Great Harley!
johenderson1307

Chapter 4 complete
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/destinyvolume2_4_ferrier_128kb.mp3
Timing: 15:13.84 (m:ss.ss) per checker
johenderson1307

Offering to take chapters 5 & 6 also, if you please.
Thanks
Jo
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

johenderson1307 wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 8:38 am Offering to take chapters 5 & 6 also, if you please.
Thanks
Jo
Great Jo! Thanks!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 9:02 am
johenderson1307 wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 8:38 am Offering to take chapters 5 & 6 also, if you please.
Thanks
Jo
Great Jo! Thanks! Just make sure the filename has 05 and 06. I'll fix Section 4 unless there are edits.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

johenderson1307 wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 8:30 am Chapter 4 complete
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/destinyvolume2_4_ferrier_128kb.mp3
Timing: 15:13.84 (m:ss.ss) per checker
Hilariously barbaric is Glenroy! Excellent dramatization. Chapter 4 is PL ok. I will fix the filename for this one in cataloguing.
Thanks so much!
Christine
Introducers

Post by Introducers »

Hello, I'd like to take chapters 8 and 12 please :D

I'd also like to know if there's any rules on what we can claim? I haven't really seen any but I wanted to make sure, also can I claim more chapters down the line in another reply if I want to? Finally do these rules (or lack of) apply to every project? Sorry if that's too many questions :(

Thank you either way!
Rodrigo :D
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Introducers wrote: May 25th, 2024, 4:23 am Hello, I'd like to take chapters 8 and 12 please :D

I'd also like to know if there's any rules on what we can claim? I haven't really seen any but I wanted to make sure, also can I claim more chapters down the line in another reply if I want to? Finally do these rules (or lack of) apply to every project? Sorry if that's too many questions :(

Thank you either way!
Hello Rodrigo! Welcome to Librivox. I ran your updated one-minute test through the checker app and it is great now. BTW you can download the free app yourself : https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/. I run all my recordings through it before uploading. In this project there is not a limit to what you can claim. It is courteous to claim 1 or 2 at a time. Sometimes, not in this project but in others, the BC places limits on how many sections a reader can claim. This happens mostly in Dramatic Recordings. All these instructions (or restrictions) will be found in the first post of each project. I will happily assign Sections 8 and 122 to you. Please read and follow all instructions in the first post. Happy Recording and I look forward to working with you!
Best,
Christine
P.S. No such thing as too many questions here. Ask away! :D
Introducers

Post by Introducers »

brownrottger wrote: May 25th, 2024, 6:01 am
Introducers wrote: May 25th, 2024, 4:23 am Hello, I'd like to take chapters 8 and 12 please :D

Thank you either way!
Hello Rodrigo! Welcome to Librivox. I ran your updated one-minute test through the checker app and it is great now. BTW you can download the free app yourself : https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/. I run all my recordings through it before uploading. In this project there is not a limit to what you can claim. It is courteous to claim 1 or 2 at a time. Sometimes, not in this project but in others, the BC places limits on how many sections a reader can claim. This happens mostly in Dramatic Recordings. All these instructions (or restrictions) will be found in the first post of each project. I will happily assign Sections 8 and 122 to you. Please read and follow all instructions in the first post. Happy Recording and I look forward to working with you!
Best,
Christine
P.S. No such thing as too many questions here. Ask away! :D
Hello Christine! Thank you for everything, I didn't wanna claim a ton of chapters at a time but didn't want to limit myself either in case I liked the book further or something so this really helps :) ! Also yeah I have downloaded the checker, thank you :D
Rodrigo :D
barleyguy

Post by barleyguy »

Hi. Here's Chapter 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/destinyvolume2_07_ferrier_128kb.mp3

Length is 10:37

Thanks,

Harley.
barleyguy

Post by barleyguy »

Also, can I please volunteer for Chapters 19 and 20?

Cheers,

Harley.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

barleyguy wrote: May 28th, 2024, 6:04 pm Also, can I please volunteer for Chapters 19 and 20?

Cheers,

Harley.
Yes! Thank you so much Harley.