OPEN Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 073 - rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I don't feel strongly about it, as long as the info in the recording matches the text source used. It's an abstract convention to use the editor's name in the absence of an author's name. An alternative is to say "by anonymous", "by unknown" or leave it blank. Specifically for the W. Bob Holland collection, I've been going with the editor's name for consistency.
I checked the two stories, and while the story line is identical, there are different words used here and there, that if we wanted to credit Elia W. Peattie, the story would have to be re-recorded from that text source (it wouldn't be a simple case of changing the intro/outro). So up to you, Katherine! Your latest recording is PL OK as is, but we can replace it if you'd prefer to read the Elia W. Peattie version! Or you could choose to read the Elia W. Peattie story for the next collection :D

PS. The recording is currently in Section 13, the unlucky number. No wonder it's been so troublesome :lol:
kwiehl

Post by kwiehl »

Thank you. That works for me just fine. I've never recorded stories before and don't want to do it incorrectly. As long as it sound good to you that's good for me!
Katherine
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

As this is a poem, would you like to post it in the Poetry Collection here: viewtopic.php?t=102618

I've listened to it and the reading is beautiful; you'd only have to change the intro/outro and filename to match the poetry format.
kwiehl

Post by kwiehl »

Will do!
Thank you.
kwiehl

Post by kwiehl »

kwiehl

Post by kwiehl »

https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/060521h.html
Gee, I seem to have problems...
kwiehl

Post by kwiehl »

TheDiver

Post by TheDiver »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 29th, 2024, 9:22 am

Terrific story! But you wouldn't expect anything less from Lovecraft!
Please check the following proof-listening notes:
at around 11:13 and 11:17 there's a repetition: "The next day Blandot gave me a more expensive room on the third floor"
at around 15:01 a sentence is missing, just after "which beset him.": "I waited, and the dumb man’s pencil flew."
while the story ends at 21:41, the recording goes on silence till 31:36 - maybe there was an extra track in audacity that added length to the exported file.

Are you comfortable with doing these edits? Let me know if you'd like any guidance for editing in audacity! :thumbs:

I know I said I would get it done last week, but I'm only a day late!! (lol)

So i fixed the repetition, at around 11 minute mark (This was where I realized I was saying Blan-dot instead of Blan-Dough and I suppose after my breif laughing fit I didn't know where I was!)
I fixed the skipped flying pencil!
And I also found a hiccup that I had moved to the thirty minute mark instead of deleting, there is no longer an excruciating buildup to one of the normal human bodily sounds we are all prone to.

link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor073_musicofericzann_Lovecraft_ww_128kb.mp3
Stay Up a While Longer...Listen
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chilling story! :mrgreen:

Thank you for this Katherine! PL OK!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

TheDiver wrote: May 21st, 2024, 4:46 pm I know I said I would get it done last week, but I'm only a day late!! (lol)

So i fixed the repetition, at around 11 minute mark (This was where I realized I was saying Blan-dot instead of Blan-Dough and I suppose after my breif laughing fit I didn't know where I was!)
I fixed the skipped flying pencil!
And I also found a hiccup that I had moved to the thirty minute mark instead of deleting, there is no longer an excruciating buildup to one of the normal human bodily sounds we are all prone to.

link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor073_musicofericzann_Lovecraft_ww_128kb.mp3
All checks OK! Thank you, West! For filenames, remember to use only lower case letters - now fixed! :thumbs:
dg73

Post by dg73 »

Dan Gurzynski
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Dan! I don't think they slept for the rest of the journey, that was a waste of a pullman :lol: PL OK!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Ben! PL OK!
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Good Evening:

Phantom Express,
By H. THOMPSON RICH;
From Weird Tales, October 1926.
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time: 7:44

AUdio at: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor073_phantomexpress_rich_dg_128kb.mp3
Text at: https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV08N04192610/page/n139/mode/2up

An Old Timey Ghost Story.
We just won't get any more of this kind of stories, not with computers and diesel engines.

Enjoy
Dale