Finally, I'm here in LibriVox!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Chrstn

Post by Chrstn »

Hello everyone!

Kumusta po? (How are you?) I'm Christine from the Philippines and so glad to be part of LibriVox community :9: ! Currently working from home so I have more time to work on my interests and hobbies and one of it is reading. Still feeling overwhelmed that I'm already here and looking forward to interacting with you, beautiful people.

-Chrstn <3
vviera

Post by vviera »

Chrstn wrote: May 16th, 2024, 1:53 am Hello everyone!

Kumusta po? (How are you?) I'm Christine from the Philippines and so glad to be part of LibriVox community :9: ! Currently working from home so I have more time to work on my interests and hobbies and one of it is reading. Still feeling overwhelmed that I'm already here and looking forward to interacting with you, beautiful people.

-Chrstn <3
Welcome, Christine! You are the third person from the Philippines who has joined in the last few weeks! I love working on Librivox with people from all over the world.

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

Then, to get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

I should also mention that if you are interested in recording in Tagalog, there is currently a group project you could participate in. This is a book called Noli Me Tangere. You can find all non-English projects in the Readers Wanted: Languages Other Than English forum.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA