[SOLO] Lavengro: The Scholar, The Gypsy, The Priest, by George Borrow-ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have uploaded:
Section 77: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lavengro_077_borrow_128kb.mp3 (8:39)
Section 78: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lavengro_078_borrow_128kb.mp3 (5:48)

I've been having trouble lately with my microphone intermittently getting "noisy" — little bursts of low-level static at odd times during a recording, even if it starts out behaving itself — which I've been working around in editing as best I can. However, the problem is now getting very annoying for me, to the point where I have had to re-record whole sections. I've bitten the bullet and ordered another microphone online, but it's likely to be several working days before it arrives, so there will be a short hiatus in my production for the next (who really knows?) maybe three to six days. My current microphone is under warranty, so I will look at getting it repaired/replaced, but that's likely to take weeks to resolve. With a new microphone (and cable, just to be sure) I should be up and running about middle of next week, I hope.
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of sections 72-76 is okay.

Thanks for letting me know about the likely delay. More time for the tinker to quietly be on his merry way. But technology can be sooo frustrating! At least in your country, orders arrive fast. The hotel I stayed at on Samoa had ordered a new espresso machine. When it eventually arrived, parts were missing and the estimated wait was two months. The owner decided to fly to Auckland to fetch the parts and take care of other business.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of sections 72-76 is okay.

Thanks for letting me know about the likely delay. More time for the tinker to quietly be on his merry way. But technology can be sooo frustrating! At least in your country, orders arrive fast. The hotel I stayed in on Samoa had ordered a new espresso machine. When it eventually arrived, parts were missing and the estimated wait was two months. The owner decided to fly to Auckland to fetch the parts and take care of other business.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 2:15 am PL of sections 72-76 is okay.

Thanks for letting me know about the likely delay. More time for the tinker to quietly be on his merry way. But technology can be sooo frustrating! At least in your country, orders arrive fast. The hotel I stayed in on Samoa had ordered a new espresso machine. When it eventually arrived, parts were missing and the estimated wait was two months. The owner decided to fly to Auckland to fetch the parts and take care of other business.
Aghh! Did you say “In that case, I’ll have an orange juice”?
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Good old fashioned instant coffee with milk and sugar. Which I never drink at home!
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

TheBanjo wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:45 am I have uploaded:
Section 77: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lavengro_077_borrow_128kb.mp3 (8:39)
Section 78: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lavengro_078_borrow_128kb.mp3 (5:48)

I've been having trouble lately with my microphone intermittently getting "noisy" — little bursts of low-level static at odd times during a recording, even if it starts out behaving itself — which I've been working around in editing as best I can. However, the problem is now getting very annoying for me, to the point where I have had to re-record whole sections. I've bitten the bullet and ordered another microphone online, but it's likely to be several working days before it arrives, so there will be a short hiatus in my production for the next (who really knows?) maybe three to six days. My current microphone is under warranty, so I will look at getting it repaired/replaced, but that's likely to take weeks to resolve. With a new microphone (and cable, just to be sure) I should be up and running about middle of next week, I hope.
And despite these frustrations, the recordings were flawless. You're a really committed reader!
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Sections 77 and 78 are okay.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 4:15 am
TheBanjo wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:45 am I have uploaded:

And despite these frustrations, the recordings were flawless. You're a really committed reader!
Thanks Susanne!
Am recording now with a brand new microphone (same model as I was using previously).
Still in discussions with the manufacturer of the old microphone, which is under a 10 year warranty. They're an Australian company, I bought the microphone through one of their dealers and registered it properly at the time, and they seem to be offering very responsive support, so I'm hopeful of a good outcome there.
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Welcome back! Hopefully, the company will honor their commitment.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Well done with the new microphone! All sections are fine.
==========
Susanne
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have uploaded section 84: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/lavengro_084_borrow_128kb.mp3 (13:40)

Still waiting for the "priest" to show up. Did I maybe miss him along the way? We certainly didn't see a lot of "the scholar" early on. I assume he was the old pipe-smoking intellectual guy who was such a fan of the Germans.
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Maybe the priest was the methodist preacher? But let’s see who is still coming.
Section 84 is okay.
==========
Susanne