COMPLETE Abraham Lincoln: The Practical Mystic by Francis Grierson - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 5th, 2024, 8:34 am Here's Section 4 - 16:55 https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/abrahamlincolnmystic_4_grierson_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Tim
Sec. 4
:25 I think you should say “Job” here to credit the Bible verse. (Pronounced with long 'o')

:37 you say 1958 instead of 1858
Beginning second paragraph

There are a lot of quotes in this. No need to change anything, but consider for the future using “quote” and “end quote” when it might be helpful to set those off more clearly for the listener.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
haelen

Post by haelen »

Thanks for the tip, Verla.

Now uploaded again , plus https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/abrahamlincolnmystic_5_grierson_128kb.mp3 - 11:19

Cheers,
Tim
"Seek No Vain Conclusions"
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 5th, 2024, 10:01 am Thanks for the tip, Verla.

Now uploaded again , plus https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/abrahamlincolnmystic_5_grierson_128kb.mp3 - 11:19
Cheers,
Tim
Sec. 4 PL OK
When you make corrections to a section that has been marked “See PL Notes,” change the status to “Ready for Spot PL.” PLs generally see your note in the forum, but it can be helpful if you have a lot of PL (like I do) to be able to glance at the various MWs and see what is waiting for action on my part. I can’t remember whether you did that on section 2 or not.

Sec. 5 PL OK
I put the new URL in the MW. The old one with 05 was still in there. Both my player and Checker showed the duration as 11:24, so I changed it to that.

Cheers, VERLA
haelen

Post by haelen »

Sorry, and noted!

Cheers,
Tim
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 5th, 2024, 9:49 pm Sorry, and noted!

Cheers,
Tim
No worries. We're in it together. Just letting you know :D

Cheers, VERLA
haelen

Post by haelen »

:clap:
haelen

Post by haelen »

Final sections 6 & 7 now ready for PL.

Cheers,
Tim
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 1:34 am Final sections 6 & 7 now ready for PL.
Cheers,
Tim
Almost there! Just a couple small things.

Sec. 6 PL OK

Sec. 7
1:34
There is an odd skip in the recording that makes it omit the words “truth, when” and part of the word after.
This is in the phrase “…and discover a latent truth, when persons who have not this habit…” in the paragraph that starts “ “Geometry develops…”
17:22
Before you say “End of Abraham Lincoln, etc.," say, “End of section 7.” Seems redundant, I know, but that’s the standard format.

Cheers, VERLA
haelen

Post by haelen »

OK. Will correct and upload now. :)
haelen

Post by haelen »

Hopefully OK now, Verla. :)

Cheers,
Tim
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 7:14 am Hopefully OK now, Verla. :)

Cheers,
Tim
Congratulations! PL OK and you just finished your first solo! Great job!

A common practice is to go back to the first MC post (where they said they'd MC it for you) and respond to it with a note that the recording is complete. That alerts them to the fact in case they are not reading every message in the forum, or at least not right away.

Cheers, VERLA
haelen

Post by haelen »

Wonderful. Thanks for your hard work and hand-holding, Verla.

I have an image I (well, AI) created of Lincoln which might be useful for book cover, but I have a feeling it may not jibe with the "Librivox Aesthetic" ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zfqvzid567e2ixyela4id/lincoln-02.jpg?rlkey=02560gskfd587gns20r4x9sig&st=mjuqwhnb&dl=0
haelen

Post by haelen »

Hi!

Happy to report that the recording and PL-ing is complete. :)

Cheers,
Tim
vviera

Post by vviera »

haelen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 7:36 am Wonderful. Thanks for your hard work and hand-holding, Verla.

I have an image I (well, AI) created of Lincoln which might be useful for book cover, but I have a feeling it may not jibe with the "Librivox Aesthetic" ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zfqvzid567e2ixyela4id/lincoln-02.jpg?rlkey=02560gskfd587gns20r4x9sig&st=mjuqwhnb&dl=0
I'm pretty sure anyone can do a cover, as long as the image is PD. Check (private message) TriciaG with your question. I don't know how cover images get added, but I don't think Librivox has any aesthetic it would insist on, just like we can record anything PD.

Cheers, VERLA
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

vviera wrote: May 6th, 2024, 7:49 am
haelen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 7:36 am Wonderful. Thanks for your hard work and hand-holding, Verla.

I'm pretty sure anyone can do a cover, as long as the image is PD. Check (private message) TriciaG with your question. I don't know how cover images get added, but I don't think Librivox has any aesthetic it would insist on, just like we can record anything PD.
Right, aesthetic isn't an issue, so long as it legibly contains the relevant information and is in the Public Domain.
Unfortunately, we do not accept AI-generated anything. This is for legal reasons, among other concerns. If you'd like to make your own cover based on a new image, or a PD one you can find and modify, you can post to make a pre-claim in this thread, following the instructions in the linked post.

I'll wait to hear back on whether you want to make the cover, before I finish cataloging this project. Until I finish, you are the only one able to post a claim. :wink: