One Minute Test josephcnln671 [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
Josephcnln671

Post by Josephcnln671 »

Hello all,

First post attempting to check if I got this right: using audacity, Windows, and USB FIFINE T669 mic.
Any feedback is perfectly welcome, I know I have a long way to go, but am excited to learn.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_josephcnln671.mp3

Thank you,
Josephcnln671
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Josephcnln671 wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 10:04 am Hello all,

First post attempting to check if I got this right: using audacity, Windows, and USB FIFINE T669 mic.
Any feedback is perfectly welcome, I know I have a long way to go, but am excited to learn.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_josephcnln671.mp3

Thank you,
Josephcnln671
Welcome to Librivox, Joseph!

Your voice is clear and pleasant and your test meets the Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording! I would just note that you might want to slow down just a bit when you start recording.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than Josephcnln67 in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
Josephcnln671

Post by Josephcnln671 »

Thank you very much, just to clarify, when you say slow down, do you mean read slower or wait more before starting to read?

Thanks for the advice 🙂

Josephcnln671
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Josephcnln671 wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 5:10 pm Thank you very much, just to clarify, when you say slow down, do you mean read slower or wait more before starting to read?

Thanks for the advice 🙂

Josephcnln671
I meant read a bit slower. I had the same issue when I started. Listeners seem to like a fairly leisurely pace.

You only need to leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the start of your recordings (and 5 seconds at the end). That’s standard across all projects.

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)