[GROUP/SCIENCE FICTION] Potemkin Village, by Fletcher Pratt - brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Christbearer1987 wrote: April 30th, 2024, 6:42 pm Great thanks! I would actually like to be listed as Chris O'Brien. Thanks a lot!

Chris
Done and done. Your Librivox catalogue page is here. you can also access it from your name link in the Magic Window (the list of files in the first post of every project).

Check out the first post for everything you need to know about what to name your file, what to say in the intro/outro, how much silence to leave at the start and end, and how to upload the file.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
Christbearer1987

Post by Christbearer1987 »

Awesome, thanks Winnifred.

Chris
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Chapter 3 has been reopened for claims.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
minneman

Post by minneman »

I haven't been able to pass the test. I can't figure out where the him is coming from. I am having to move everything around to try and clear it up. I won't be able to do chapter 3 until I determine the cause. :( probably should have someone else do it.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

minneman wrote: Yesterday, 10:07 pm I haven't been able to pass the test. I can't figure out where the him is coming from. I am having to move everything around to try and clear it up. I won't be able to do chapter 3 until I determine the cause. :( probably should have someone else do it.
Hi minneman. I’m sorry to hear that.

Did you try all the methods that sjmarky and I suggested in the test forum? Did Noise Reduction not make any difference? I don’t see that you’ve uploaded another version of the test, so it’s hard to know what to suggest now. There’s usually a solution to this issue if you try all the options.

I suggest re-recording, then trying to apply Noise Reduction, and uploading a new version of the test to get more feedback. Something will work eventually. It would be helpful also if you told us what recording program you’re using, what your computer and mic are, and what you’ve tried to do to address the issue. Without that information, we’re really just poking in the dark.

If you have specific questions about programs or equipment, you can also post a question to the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum. Someone may be able to advise you in more detail there.

I agree that it would be best for you to find a solution to this before starting to record.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
TheDapp3rB00kReader

Post by TheDapp3rB00kReader »

Hello,
Could I potentially claim chapter 3 of this story? I started reading it today morning and it sound very interesting, so I would like to record it. (I also passed the 1-minute test today morning btw). In my country, the law states that the person has to be dead for at least 60 years, and this one is, so it follows the copyright laws
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TheDapp3rB00kReader wrote: Today, 2:02 am Hello,
Could I potentially claim chapter 3 of this story? I started reading it today morning and it sound very interesting, so I would like to record it. (I also passed the 1-minute test today morning btw). In my country, the law states that the person has to be dead for at least 60 years, and this one is, so it follows the copyright laws
You certainly may. Would you like to appear in the Librivox catalogue as TheDapp3rB00kReader or something else? You can have any name you like. Let me know and I’ll set up your page.

Read the first post carefully for everything you need to know about what to name your file, what to say in the intro/outro, how much silence to leave at the start and end, and how to upload the file.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: