Hi from North Yorkshire

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mourngaze

Post by Mourngaze »

Hi everyone. I am Adam and have just put together my recording set up. I have had a small amount of experience recording myself, (by that I mean recording some of my son's books and a recording of Poes's 'The Raven'). My favourite genres are horror, sci-fi and fantasy. I look forward to recording some works and being an active member of this community. Thanks for your time.
vviera

Post by vviera »

Mourngaze wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 12:14 am Hi everyone. I am Adam and have just put together my recording set up. I have had a small amount of experience recording myself, (by that I mean recording some of my son's books and a recording of Poes's 'The Raven'). My favourite genres are horror, sci-fi and fantasy. I look forward to recording some works and being an active member of this community. Thanks for your time.
Welcome, Adam!
We have had a bunch of people from the UK join lately, as well as from a dozen other countries in the last few weeks. We are glad to see you all! One of my favorite things about Librivox is working from people all over the world.

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

Then, to get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

You will find plenty of things that will appeal to your interests. The only ghost group project I see right now is The True History of Pepper's Ghost, which is a little bit of a different take on things.

There are both a Short Science Fiction Collection and a Ghost and Horror Short Story Collection running all the time. You can go read about how those work. For collection projects, you select your own contribution, rather than picking from a pre-identified list.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
justdaj

Post by justdaj »

more of us from the UK. A small invasion. Love it.

Welcome
David
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

justdaj wrote: May 5th, 2024, 6:22 am more of us from the UK. A small invasion. Love it.

Welcome
I was from the UK. Do I count? :lol:
I supply my Pugwash telescope from Gomersal as evidence.
If you meet anyone called Larsen E. Pettifogger do not trust his legal advice.