Hi from Chicago!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MarPluviam

Post by MarPluviam »

You can call me Mar/Matt, and I just joined, have no experience recording my voice, but have lots of experience reading out loud! I would love to record or proof read (proof listen?) to help out! I currently don't have a recording set up, but hope to sometime this fall.
vviera

Post by vviera »

MarPluviam wrote: May 1st, 2024, 2:09 pm You can call me Mar/Matt, and I just joined, have no experience recording my voice, but have lots of experience reading out loud! I would love to record or proof read (proof listen?) to help out! I currently don't have a recording set up, but hope to sometime this fall.
Welcome Mar/Matt!
That's awesome that you want to prooflisten (PL). We are always in need of prooflisteners (PLs). Here is the Guide for Proof-listeners. It will get you started and soon you'll be working on a project.

I usually give a bunch of info in welcome messages about recording, but you can figure that out when you get set up. Having PL experience under your belt will help you when you start recording. You will have heard a lot of people and figured out what might work for you and your voice. You will also have a good idea of how the projects work.

If you have questions, pop into the forum and ask. Somebody in this friendly bunch will help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA