Tally ‘ho! From England! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
padme

Post by padme »

Hello! I’m noticing a lot of country themed titles for introductions, so for some reason I decided to go stereotypically Victorian upper class Brit? I’m from the UK, specifically England by the way. My introductions are usually vibrant and packed full of character, yet it’s almost very late here and I’ve had a very busy day — so I really hope that I’m sounding legible :lol:.

Anywho, my interests are particularly Tibetan Buddhism, generally the umbrella of Buddhism (so that includes everything from Thai Theravada to Japanese Jodo Shu), mostly some parts of Hinduism (I used to own a huge collection of Hare Krishna books for some reason), Jainism too! Also anything mystical, or mystical and spiritual. As you can tell, I might be your run of the mill, hippy dippy character! (partly kidding) :wink:

Though enough about me, most importantly I’m here out of the intention to help people and benefit others. So, preferably I would be very excited to be a part of a Buddhist book project, though I honestly would love to help anyone with their projects. Count me in! Thank you for reading, have a great day! :thumbs:
justdaj

Post by justdaj »

Hello from up north 😁
David
vviera

Post by vviera »

padme wrote: April 29th, 2024, 3:19 pm Hello! I’m noticing a lot of country themed titles for introductions, so for some reason I decided to go stereotypically Victorian upper class Brit? I’m from the UK, specifically England by the way. My introductions are usually vibrant and packed full of character, yet it’s almost very late here and I’ve had a very busy day — so I really hope that I’m sounding legible :lol:.

Anywho, my interests are particularly Tibetan Buddhism, generally the umbrella of Buddhism (so that includes everything from Thai Theravada to Japanese Jodo Shu), mostly some parts of Hinduism (I used to own a huge collection of Hare Krishna books for some reason), Jainism too! Also anything mystical, or mystical and spiritual. As you can tell, I might be your run of the mill, hippy dippy character! (partly kidding) :wink:

Though enough about me, most importantly I’m here out of the intention to help people and benefit others. So, preferably I would be very excited to be a part of a Buddhist book project, though I honestly would love to help anyone with their projects. Count me in! Thank you for reading, have a great day! :thumbs:
Welcome, padme!

Wow, we have had a bunch of people sign up from the UK lately. That's great! I enjoy waking up in the morning and seeing who from around the globe has posted while I've been sleeping.

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

Then, to get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Being interested in Eastern religion topics, this project might be of interest to you.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA