Hi to all

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
FiccionNarrada

Post by FiccionNarrada »

Hello!

Greetings to everyone from the Costa del Sol.

When I was young I studied acting and participated in street theater projects and short films, after trying for a few years in the end the "machine of destroying dreams" that is this society ended up winning me and I abandoned it all for a stable salary. A couple of months ago, when I decided to start giving shape to the idea of making a science fiction literature narration project and recorded my first tests, I don't know how to explain it, something was reborn from the ashes with a blinding fire, so to speak.

So looking for books that were in CC0 or in public domain I ended up finding this forum.

After some research I have decided to register and I have decided that before carrying out my project I want to try to lend a hand as much as possible here, I think that everything I learn and the people I meet in LibriVox can be vital for my future project to come to fruition.

I have posted my "1 minute test" and I will read the PL guide and if you need people there I will also try to help.

Well, best regards! :mrgreen:
Nosce te ipsum
celaluzerne

Post by celaluzerne »

Nice to meet you! Your background and passions are interesting and inspiring. It's going to be a fun adventure ahead with sci fi and more!
FiccionNarrada

Post by FiccionNarrada »

celaluzerne wrote: April 30th, 2024, 4:48 am Nice to meet you! Your background and passions are interesting and inspiring. It's going to be a fun adventure ahead with sci fi and more!
Thanks for your words

🔥🔥🔥
Last edited by FiccionNarrada on May 1st, 2024, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosce te ipsum
vviera

Post by vviera »

FiccionNarrada wrote: April 30th, 2024, 2:54 am Hello!

Greetings to everyone from the Costa del Sol.
FiccionNarrada,

We are desperately in need of prooflisteners (PLs) in Spanish. It used to be that there were two of us who did almost all of it. The other has been absent on family business for several months. I was trying to do all of it myself, and did so much I developed fatiga ocular!

The three projects in the Readers Wanted: Languages Other Than English forum have prooflisteners. However, there are two solos that were started recently that do not have PLs.
Doña Perfecta and El buen mozo.
I know that either of those readers would be happy to have you!

Any solo, regardless of languages, is in the Going Solo forum.

Anytime you see a tilde ~ before the title in one of the forums, it means that they are looking for a PL. A person who volunteers to do all sections in a project is called a dedicated prooflistener, or DPL.

Here is the wiki article, Guide for Proof-Listeners. It will get you started on how that process works.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
FiccionNarrada

Post by FiccionNarrada »

vviera wrote: April 30th, 2024, 7:44 am

We are desperately in need of prooflisteners (PLs) in Spanish. It used to be that there were two of us who did almost all of it. The other has been absent on family business for several months. I was trying to do all of it myself, and did so much I developed fatiga ocular!

(...)
I will read the Guide for Proof-listeners and if I have any questions I will let you know in this thread or privately.

Glad to help o7
Nosce te ipsum