[RESOLVED] Short Mystery Story Collection 001

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
khindall

Post by khindall »

Hi, all!

I'm sorry, you must be sick of hearing from me, but I really think this one isn't my fault. I don't see how it could be.

Name of Book: Short Mystery Story Collection 1
-Chapter/Section Number: Entire book
-File format (64kbps mp3, 128 kbps mp3, ogg vorbis): 64 kbps mp3
-How you downloaded the file (individual download, zip download, ftp, podcast download): podcast download (subcribe in iTunes)
-Nature of problem: The chapters seem to be named incorrectly. For instance, when I click on "Scandal in Bohemia", what starts playing is "The Safety Match".
-Time or times-location of problems (if possible): Downloaded last week.

I've downloaded the whole book as a zip, but have not yet had the chance to see if its files are labeled correctly. I'll post again when I have.

Thank you!

K
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi K,
Not sick at all! But rather very thankful. It's good to have some check on the recordings, there are so many ways in which things can go wrong.
I know nothing about the way the podcasts work etc, so I can't help out here, but I'm sure there'll be others coming along soon to see if they can sort things out!
Anna
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi k do you have a link for the catalog page?
khindall

Post by khindall »

kristin

Post by kristin »

I can confirm that something is seriously scrambled. I downloaded a couple of the 64kb files and checked the id3 tags and they match but in the itunes download the title and what is playing don't match. Bizarre. I also had a look at the file properties in my itunes folder, more strange... The file name is wrong and the title tag is wrong but the author is correct.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
khindall

Post by khindall »

I haven't had time to check all the chapters (I work Sundays ^_^;;;), but the four I did check from the zip file were all correct.

Thanks for the confirmation on the podcasts, Kristin! I didn't think the problem could be in my set this time, but iTunes is a strange land as yet to me, so I wasn't sure.

K

Edited to turn off smilies!)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

yes the RSS feed is all wonky. I'll ask chris/tis to take a look.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Anybody know if this has been fixed yet?
Jo