[FULL][Duet]The letters of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Barrett, Part 3 - kit

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DONE

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/lettersbrowning3_189_browning_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:23 min.

wow, I must say, I'm happy to have put my part of the job to rest. I was kinda itching to start on new group projects, but wanted to finish this first. Hence the extreme marathon I did in the last two weeks. :lol:

Now lying back and awaiting possible PL notes :)

wishing you both a good Sunday still

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Sections 62, 64, & 65 uploaded
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Sections 68, 69, & 71 uploaded
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Listened up to 57, PL OK! With a comment on section 49: Check whether you'd like to level up the volume. The first 50 or so seconds are quieter than the rest. And it sounds like it has some crackling (sound distortion) at places. It's not obtrusive, and you can mark the section PL OK just fine, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's relevant to the lower volume, like perhaps audacity was using a different (built-in?) microphone at the time :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 29th, 2024, 10:57 amWith a comment on section 49: Check whether you'd like to level up the volume. The first 50 or so seconds are quieter than the rest. And it sounds like it has some crackling (sound distortion) at places. It's not obtrusive, and you can mark the section PL OK just fine, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's relevant to the lower volume, like perhaps audacity was using a different (built-in?) microphone at the time :hmm:
ok I'll have a look. It was definitely the correct microphone, but maybe I bumped it a few times. I'll check. Is it only the first 50 seconds ? If I can't repair them, I may re-record that part.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 29th, 2024, 10:57 amWith a comment on section 49: Check whether you'd like to level up the volume. The first 50 or so seconds are quieter than the rest. And it sounds like it has some crackling (sound distortion) at places.
ok I re-recorded the first 54 seconds, up to "so obvious a thing", the rest is the same. I guess the sound problems were only in that first part ?

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/lettersbrowning3_049_browning_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:23 min.

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes. No idea why the difference in sound? Did you record that letter in one sitting? If yes, then strange :hmm: I'll check the new upload in my next pl session
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 30th, 2024, 7:57 amYes. No idea why the difference in sound? Did you record that letter in one sitting? If yes, then strange :hmm:
I can't remember, but we often have vans driving through our street at the moment, maybe I put it on hold longer to let them pass and restarted afresh. It could have happened in other letters as well...let me know when you hear such differences.

thanks

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

49 is spot-checked OK, nicely redone! :D

I listened through to 68.

One PL note for beeswaxcandle for 64, please check around 3:28, volume drops on the phrase "or the like", from "as some 'Haydon and his Times,' or the like . ."
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Another instance of dropped volume at 71, around 3:20 on "all the time" from "working somewhere in the vicinity all the time"

The rest up to 73 are PL OK!