Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
ktoman

Post by ktoman »

ktoman

Post by ktoman »

I got the Checker and realized I needed the recording at 128 etc.
Here is my new recording with those specifications:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_ktoman.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ktoman wrote: April 26th, 2024, 10:03 pm I got the Checker and realized I needed the recording at 128 etc.
Here is my new recording with those specifications:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_ktoman.mp3
Welcome to Librivox, Karen!

Your voice is clear, pleasant and animated, and your test has all the correct specifications so you're ready to start recording!

One minor note: Checker is telling me that your background noise is a bit high, but I can't hear anything. This is just something to keep an eye out for in future recordings. To get Checker to show background noise, select “Validation > Choose Validation Methods,” and tick the box for “Background Noise.” You only need to do this once. The Checker reviews the last 5 seconds of silence in a recording to assess background noise (all Librivox recordings are required to have 5 seconds of silence at the end so they work properly in all media players). I try to aim for something below 45 dB or so and yours is 50.2, but as I said, I don't hear anything, so I don't think you need to worry about it.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than ktoman in the Librivox catalogue (you could have Karen Toman in the catalogue if you like; it's only the forum that requires an all-one-word name).

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)