[GROUP/SCIENCE FICTION] Potemkin Village, by Fletcher Pratt - brrot

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

PanDan876 wrote: April 26th, 2024, 12:22 pm Hello can I read chapter 2?
Yes, you may. Check out the first post for everything you need to know about how to upload, name your file, put into the intro/outro, and how much silence to leave at the beginning and end of your recording.

I'll add you to the catalogue as PanDan876, but if you want that changed to something else later, you can ask any of the admins to change it for you.

Let me know if you have questions along the way.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
minneman

Post by minneman »

I'm up for chapter 3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

minneman wrote: April 26th, 2024, 2:55 pm I'm up for chapter 3
Welcome to Librivox, minneman!

Before I assign you this chapter, please make and submit a 1-minute test recording (1-minute test info) to make sure your recording set up is ok. Post your test in the Forum appropriately named Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here and an experienced LVer will review it and provide feedback (and/or approve it).

This isn’t an audition, but just to make sure your technical specifications match those required by Librivox. (If you use Audacity, see Audacity 3.4.2 user? Here's how to ace this test for information about those specs.) It would be a shame to record a section then have to redo it because some basic setting is incorrect.

Once your test is approved, head back here and claim your section. I'll tentatively reserve section 3 for you until May 10, pending that approval. When you return, please read the top of this thread carefully, as it contains all the instructions you'll need to submit your section.

I look forward to your first foray into reading for Librivox!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello Winnifred! Here is chapter 1 (9:24). Your assistance in PLing it is greatly appreciated :)

I'm totally digging this premise! And, I really enjoy Pratt's description of some of the "high tech" items like the video monitor on the wall, etc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/potemkinvillage_01_pratt_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Cbteddy wrote: April 27th, 2024, 7:19 pm Hello Winnifred! Here is chapter 1 (9:24). Your assistance in PLing it is greatly appreciated :)

I'm totally digging this premise! And, I really enjoy Pratt's description of some of the "high tech" items like the video monitor on the wall, etc.

Yes, it is a fun story.

Nicely done. Just one small fix to suggest: At 6:58, I hear “One stabbing, three shootings, two overdoses of soforics.” However, the text reads: “One stabbing, three shootings, two overdoses of soporifics. I think this mispronunciation could confuse listeners, so you might want to correct it.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Honu

Post by Honu »

Winnifred,

I would love to read chapter 4 if possible. Thank You.

Shawn
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to claim Chapters 5 and 7 please.
Christine
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Honu wrote: April 28th, 2024, 6:54 am Winnifred,

I would love to read chapter 4 if possible. Thank You.

Shawn
Hi Shawn,

You’ve got it! Make sure you read the first post carefully. It has all the information you need about naming your file, including the correct intro/outro and silences at the start and end, and uploading the recording. Feel free to ask questions along the way.

I’ll add you to the Librivox catalogue as Honu. If you want that changed, you can ask one of the admins to do that.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

brownrottger wrote: April 28th, 2024, 7:14 am I would like to claim Chapters 5 and 7 please.
Christine
Thanks, Christine. All yours.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Winnifred wrote: April 27th, 2024, 10:11 pm
Cbteddy wrote: April 27th, 2024, 7:19 pm Hello Winnifred! Here is chapter 1 (9:24). Your assistance in PLing it is greatly appreciated :)

Yes, it is a fun story.

Nicely done. Just one small fix to suggest: At 6:58, I hear “One stabbing, three shootings, two overdoses of soforics.” However, the text reads: “One stabbing, three shootings, two overdoses of soporifics. I think this mispronunciation could confuse listeners, so you might want to correct it.

Thanks,
Corrected and re-uploaded! Run time is 1 second longer at 9:25.

Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Cbteddy wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:27 am
Winnifred wrote: April 27th, 2024, 10:11 pm

Yes, it is a fun story.

Thanks,
Corrected and re-uploaded! Run time is 1 second longer at 9:25.

Seamlessly fixed! PL OK.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
minneman

Post by minneman »

Winnifred wrote: April 26th, 2024, 3:03 pm
minneman wrote: April 26th, 2024, 2:55 pm I'm up for chapter 3
Welcome to Librivox, minneman!

Before I assign you this chapter, please make and submit a 1-minute test recording (1-minute test info) to make sure your recording set up is ok. Post your test in the Forum appropriately named Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here and an experienced LVer will review it and provide feedback (and/or approve it).

This isn’t an audition, but just to make sure your technical specifications match those required by Librivox. (If you use Audacity, see Audacity 3.4.2 user? Here's how to ace this test for information about those specs.) It would be a shame to record a section then have to redo it because some basic setting is incorrect.

Once your test is approved, head back here and claim your section. I'll tentatively reserve section 3 for you until May 10, pending that approval. When you return, please read the top of this thread carefully, as it contains all the instructions you'll need to submit your section.

I look forward to your first foray into reading for Librivox!

Cheers,
All right I posted my test, so we will see how it goes! Thanks for your help.

A
Christbearer1987

Post by Christbearer1987 »

Hi Winnifred, I would like to put a claim on chapter 6 if that is possible.

Chris
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Christbearer1987 wrote: April 30th, 2024, 5:25 pm Hi Winnifred, I would like to put a claim on chapter 6 if that is possible.

Chris
Sure thing, Chris. Do you want to be in the catalogue as Christbearer1987 or something else?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Christbearer1987

Post by Christbearer1987 »

Great thanks! I would actually like to be listed as Chris O'Brien. Thanks a lot!

Chris