[RELIGION/BIOS] From Life to Life; or How Our Preachers Die, by William Marion Weekley -brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Here are sections 26 and 27

26 (2:55)
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/fromlifetolife_26_weekley_128kb.mp3

27 (3:15) - PLEASE NOTE: I noticed that on page 73, Rev. J.G. Shuey was not listed in section 27 or 28 (assuming we're reading them in order they've been written). I've taken the liberty of adding him into section 27 so he wouldn't get left out. If you'd prefer him in section 28, I can easily remove him from 27 if needed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/fromlifetolife_27_weekley_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Cbteddy wrote: April 25th, 2024, 6:05 pm Hello! Here are sections 26 and 27

26 (2:55)

27 (3:15) - PLEASE NOTE: I noticed that on page 73, Rev. J.G. Shuey was not listed in section 27 or 28 (assuming we're reading them in order they've been written). I've taken the liberty of adding him into section 27 so he wouldn't get left out. If you'd prefer him in section 28, I can easily remove him from 27 if needed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/fromlifetolife_27_weekley_128kb.mp3
Hmm. I'll take a look at this in a few days when we get back from our trip. Late night check in before an early morning start with a couple of long driving days. . . .

~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

The reading of sectıons 26 and 27 is pl ok. Section 26 has some noticeable background noise that only starts at about 0.56 and continues through the end. I've heard worse and don't consider it obligatory to remove it, but if you can, it would make more pleasant listening. The sound is entirely absent from section 27. Whatever you decide, thank you for the readings.
Pattymarie
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

pattymarie wrote: April 26th, 2024, 1:21 pm The reading of sectıons 26 and 27 is pl ok. Section 26 has some noticeable background noise that only starts at about 0.56 and continues through the end. I've heard worse and don't consider it obligatory to remove it, but if you can, it would make more pleasant listening. The sound is entirely absent from section 27. Whatever you decide, thank you for the readings.
Ugh. That would probably be my neighbor sitting outside in the parking lot revving and idling his car engine. I'll get that re-recorded this weekend. Apologies for not catching that!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Cbteddy wrote: April 26th, 2024, 6:08 pm
pattymarie wrote: April 26th, 2024, 1:21 pm The reading of sectıons 26 and 27 is pl ok. Section 26 has some noticeable background noise that only starts at about 0.56 and continues through the end. I've heard worse and don't consider it obligatory to remove it, but if you can, it would make more pleasant listening. The sound is entirely absent from section 27. Whatever you decide, thank you for the readings.
Ugh. That would probably be my neighbor sitting outside in the parking lot revving and idling his car engine. I'll get that re-recorded this weekend. Apologies for not catching that!
MURDER!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

brownrottger wrote: April 26th, 2024, 6:47 pm
Cbteddy wrote: April 26th, 2024, 6:08 pm
MURDER!
"Your honor, I would like to claim immunity by invoking the Librivox clause. Any outside noises caught on recordings are to be dealt with swiftly, and efficiently. We don't call it murder, we simply edit out those disturbances, often by unknown means." :lol:
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Cbteddy wrote: April 27th, 2024, 7:23 am Hello! I have re-recorded section 26 (2:53).

Thank you!
Ready for PL

~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 26 is PL OK. Thank you, Claire. The re-recording is lovely.
Pattymarie