1-Minute Test Jaime Weaver [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
JaimeWeaver

Post by JaimeWeaver »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JaimeWeaver wrote: April 21st, 2024, 1:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jaimeweaver.mp3

Audacity, Windows, USB mic
Welcome to Librivox, Jaime!

Your voice is clear, pleasant, and animated, but your test needs some technical changes. Librivox requires files that are 128 kbps constant bit rate, and with a volume between 86 dB and 92 dB, preferably 89-90. Your test audio is 91 kbps variable bit rate, and the volume is too low at 82.4 dB.

While it is possible to just increase the volume and re-export the file with the correct settings, I think it might be best if you adjust your volume and gain settings on your mic and in Audacity and re-record your test (you only need to read the text once; the test doesn't have to be a full minute). Check out this post for information (with screenshots) on how to adjust your volume and gain, and what boxes to tick when you re-export to get the settings right. If you correct these properly now, that'll make sure your next recording falls within the right volume range and has the right settings.

Please make these adjustments, re-record your test, and provide the new link here in a response to this post, and I'll come back and check it out.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
JaimeWeaver

Post by JaimeWeaver »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jaimeweaver.mp3

Re-recorded test.

Audacity, windows, usb mic.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JaimeWeaver wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 6:25 am https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jaimeweaver.mp3

Re-recorded test.

Audacity, windows, usb mic.
And that one's perfect! You're ready to start recording.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than JaimeWeaver in the Librivox catalogue (you can get a space between first and last name in the catalogue if you want).

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
JaimeWeaver

Post by JaimeWeaver »

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions! I am already working on reading a section of The Black Cat, and am pretty excited about that. have a lovely rest of your week!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JaimeWeaver wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 6:44 am Thanks so much for your help and suggestions! I am already working on reading a section of The Black Cat, and am pretty excited about that. have a lovely rest of your week!
Thanks, Jaime. I wish you the same.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: