[group]The strange case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

icequeen wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 5:22 pm Section 76 is PL OK!
Thanks!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April and Elsie,

Here are Sections 10, 11 and 12 with intros and outros amended.

Time 6:32
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_10_bromfield.mp3

Time 3:55
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_11_bromfield.mp3

Time 8:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_12_bromfield.mp3

Please tell me these are ok. After all the changes I am not sure which is right or not! Getting old!

Thanks ladies
Sandra
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Alondra wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 12:57 pm Hi April and Elsie,

Here are Sections 10, 11 and 12 with intros and outros amended.

Time 6:32
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_10_bromfield.mp3

Time 3:55
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_11_bromfield.mp3

Time 8:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_12_bromfield.mp3

Please tell me these are ok. After all the changes I am not sure which is right or not! Getting old!

Thanks ladies
Sandra
Sections 10 and 11 are PL OK :thumbs:

I'll listen to Section 12 later :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April and Elsie

Here are Section 13 and 14

Time 5:40:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_13_bromfield.mp3

Time 3:45:31
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_14_bromfield.mp3

I fear there may be some discrepancies in intros and outros, I am having a hard time keeping things straight! Thank goodness we have you Elsie!

Thanks
Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

adr6090 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 4:31 pm
LesWilLang wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:09 pm Hello! It looks like I addressed the wrong person. Sorry, I have been out of town for a few days and missed that April is now the PL person.
I am going to stick with Section 9 only and relinquish 10 and 11. According to my time-to-talk calculator it will be about 90 minutes total, which is usually about 75 for me, so heads up on that.

Thanks!
Leslie :D
Leslie, I am very apologetic to you. I am attempting to get you back into the mw as the reader for section 09, is that still correct? The sections had numerous changes & I am afraid that I am not quite certain which section, by title, you had claimed. Please let me know.
April
Hello!
Yes, I am doing the Aunt Bessie Section (9).
Submitting it today.
Thanks!
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

LesWilLang wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:09 pm Hello! It looks like I addressed the wrong person. Sorry, I have been out of town for a few days and missed that April is now the PL person.
I am going to stick with Section 9 only and relinquish 10 and 11. According to my time-to-talk calculator it will be about 90 minutes total, which is usually about 75 for me, so heads up on that.

Thanks!
Leslie, I am very apologetic to you. I am attempting to get you back into the mw as the reader for section 09, is that still correct? The sections had numerous changes & I am afraid that I am not quite certain which section, by title, you had claimed. Please let me know.
April
Hi April: Was I supposed to have a separate audio file for each part of section 9? Last time I had been on the site, it was a straight read through the whole of the section. Please advise, as I have just one file total. I can go back through and break it out, etc. Just let me know.
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi,

Here is section 17 with a time of 9:19:73
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_17_bromfield.mp3

Thanks

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

LesWilLang wrote: April 24th, 2024, 2:15 pm

Thanks!
April
Hi April: Was I supposed to have a separate audio file for each part of section 9? Last time I had been on the site, it was a straight read through the whole of the section. Please advise, as I have just one file total. I can go back through and break it out, etc. Just let me know.
Hi!! The mw is now changed, sorry for that. Now section 09 has been assigned & read by Alondra. I see in the mw you are assigned "the end of Aunt Bessie" which has 12 parts. Is that the one you refer to? If so your single file needs to turn into 12 parts to match the mw.
April
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

adr6090 wrote: April 24th, 2024, 3:20 pm
LesWilLang wrote: April 24th, 2024, 2:15 pm

April
Hi!! The mw is now changed, sorry for that. Now section 09 has been assigned & read by Alondra. I see in the mw you are assigned "the end of Aunt Bessie" which has 12 parts. Is that the one you refer to? If so your single file needs to turn into 12 parts to match the mw.
Ok, I see it now. So, to be clear, am I to read the intro for each section like the example below?
"Section 51 of The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield. The End of Aunt Bessie, part 01." ?

If that is the case, are we all no longer reading the corresponding number (in this case, 1) at the beginning of each part? In other words, am I supposed to leave out "1" in the story or repeat it after I have introduced it as Part 01? Just want to be sure I am doing it right on the do-over. Thanks! :D PS I finally set up notifications so that I will get an email notification on this project. I'll respond more quickly now.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

LesWilLang wrote: April 25th, 2024, 6:48 am Ok, I see it now. So, to be clear, am I to read the intro for each section like the example below?
"Section 51 of The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield. The End of Aunt Bessie, part 01." ?

If that is the case, are we all no longer reading the corresponding number (in this case, 1) at the beginning of each part? In other words, am I supposed to leave out "1" in the story or repeat it after I have introduced it as Part 01? Just want to be sure I am doing it right on the do-over. Thanks! :D PS I finally set up notifications so that I will get an email notification on this project. I'll respond more quickly now.
I am not April, but I have been DPLing. The intro you described is how Sandra is doing her section intros so I would say that you got it right. Also, Sandra edited out the numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) since, as you said, the number is already indicated by saying "Part ##". :)
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 25th, 2024, 8:37 am
LesWilLang wrote: April 25th, 2024, 6:48 am Ok, I see it now. So, to be clear, am I to read the intro for each section like the example below?

I am not April, but I have been DPLing. The intro you described is how Sandra is doing her section intros so I would say that you got it right. Also, Sandra edited out the numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) since, as you said, the number is already indicated by saying "Part ##". :)
oops, Sorry for getting your name wrong Elsie! Thanks for your help.
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April and Elsie:

Here are sections 18 and 19 with times of 5:54:55 and 4:17:59 respectively.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_18_bromfield.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_19_bromfield.mp3

Thanks Ladies
Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

LesWilLang wrote: April 25th, 2024, 9:03 am
elsieselwyn wrote: April 25th, 2024, 8:37 am

oops, Sorry for getting your name wrong Elsie! Thanks for your help.
Hello. This is April & it does sound as though you have it alright. Just as Elsie has mentioned also.
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

LesWilLang wrote: April 25th, 2024, 9:03 am oops, Sorry for getting your name wrong Elsie! Thanks for your help.
Oh, you didn't get my name wrong. April is the Book Coordinator. I, Elsie, am the dedicated prooflistener. Hopefully, I haven't completely confused you :)