COMPLETE The Burgess Animal Book for Children by Thornton W. Burgess - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Chapter 39 is uploaded and ready to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/burgessanimalbookforchildren_39_burgess_128kb.mp3

Only one more! I'm going to go write the description for this book ... it'll feel almost nostalgic reviewing the earlier chapters/critters.

Jude
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

As we approach the 40th and final chapter of this book, I realized we need an intro description for the page. Thornton Burgess's own detailed and rather philosophical introduction is the first recording. How does this read for the written intro?

"From the armadillo and musk ox to the walrus and manatee, this book introduces you to the many mammals who live and play throughout North America. Old Mother Nature holds daily lessons for Peter Rabbit and all the other little folk of the Green Forest. Where do these animals live? What do they eat? What do they look like? So many questions with lots and lots of answers."

cheers
Jude
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Sounds fine to me.
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

And .... Chapter 40 is now uploaded and ready to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/burgessanimalbookforchildren_40_burgess_128kb.mp3

Phew! Thanks, you two, for your help and support and humour too over the past year. I sure enjoyed this book but it's time for a break from Old Mother Nature and all the critters.

cheers
Jude

lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapters 39 and 40 are PL OK.

Jude, many thanks for letting me be a part of this effort. Truly enjoyed it. Take a good break now and let me know if I can help on your future projects.

Lomond
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

"From the armadillo and musk ox to the walrus and manatee, this book introduces you to the many mammals who live and play throughout North America. Old Mother Nature holds daily lessons for Peter Rabbit and all the other little folk of the Green Forest. Where do these animals live? What do they eat? What do they look like? So many questions with lots and lots of answers."

I updated the book description to the above quote. Just to make sure before we go to press...the source is ?
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

craigdav1 wrote: April 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm "From the armadillo and musk ox to the walrus and manatee, this book introduces you to the many mammals who live and play throughout North America. Old Mother Nature holds daily lessons for Peter Rabbit and all the other little folk of the Green Forest. Where do these animals live? What do they eat? What do they look like? So many questions with lots and lots of answers."

I updated the book description to the above quote. Just to make sure before we go to press...the source is ?
Moi! Thanks for tidying up the intro that I wrote. It's going to feel so good to see it in the calendar :D

cheers and thanks for your patience
Jude

JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

lomond wrote: April 28th, 2024, 12:37 pm Greetings -

Chapters 39 and 40 are PL OK.

Jude, many thanks for letting me be a part of this effort. Truly enjoyed it. Take a good break now and let me know if I can help on your future projects.

Lomond
Absolutely, Lomond. I'd love us to be a team again. Will reach out later this year.
cheers
Jude

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Off to cataloging.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Will finish tomorrow. It's a big book.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/burgess-animal-book-for-children-ver2-by-tw-burgess/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats.
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Yay! thanks very much