[SOLO] Christian Astrology by William Lilly - pc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 5:00 pm Sounds Good! PL OK for for sections 16 and 17!
Thank you! Note that I don't agree with the Zadkiel version of Christian astrology; it gives the part with cross outs as 61 degrees and 2 minutes. Maybe Zadkiel had the physical copy and moved it sideways lol. Of course Zadkiel's version is poor; he omits a lot such as the Angel names for the planets. That is terrible; the overlap of Christian myths and astrology is what in "Christian Astrology" Lilly was covering.

I might have gone slowly. But at least I know that I am using the right version: the one closest to Lilly's original!
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 18 ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_018_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 15:30
Note that there are some unusual words here that I had to research:

- rathel [NOT rather] :archaic word means "to fix".
- vesperugo [note the correction "ves" scribbled in book margin on the left
- Enjcina should be said as Ercina which a mythological term for Venus.
- under "winde and weather" the weird cross out is to my research aetheric so I said that.

In these books it's like being a WW2 code cracker! I do research and come to my best conclusion.

I forgot another one: where spr had a letter missing and ce it is "neat and spruce" basically meaning neat and tidy. Even a letter missing will not stop me :lol:
Another one: mouth surely should be month near the end so I said month: a N mis printed as U or similar has occurred in this book a few times.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 19 ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_019_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 16:34
Note that LIlly makes a curious mistake in writing Gyllenius; I have said the correct Cyllenius.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

You are moving along well Lightcrystal despite the complexities of the text. May the stars continue to light the way. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

philchenevert wrote: November 6th, 2023, 7:58 am You are moving along well Lightcrystal despite the complexities of the text. May the stars continue to light the way. :thumbs:
Thank you! :thumbs:
I am taking a less is more approach to the chapter/section titles. [calling them chapter one etc]. This is because I am going to make some chapters stand out with more detailed titles; there is a later chapter on the astrology of marriage that is [no hyperbole] the most famous, most quoted piece of astrology in the history of western astrology. Anyone who becomes an astrologer will have encountered that part of this book in their astrology course.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 18-20 are PL OK.
Specifically in 20 I had to amplify to be able to listen comfortably if you'd like to check the volume, maybe a little lower in comparison, but otherwise PL OK.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 8th, 2023, 7:01 am Sections 18-20 are PL OK.
Specifically in 20 I had to amplify to be able to listen comfortably if you'd like to check the volume, maybe a little lower in comparison, but otherwise PL OK.
I boosted the volume in section 20 and uploaded again. I also cut out a long pause. But should not need any further PL.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have been a bit slow. I have done all the collabs that I want to do. Now I can get back to this.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lightcrystal wrote: December 31st, 2023, 12:05 am I have been a bit slow. I have done all the collabs that I want to do. Now I can get back to this.
That is not a concern. Slow but steady wins the race. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK! for section 21
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 27th, 2024, 8:39 am PL OK! for section 21
Thank you! :thumbs:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I've been doing 10001 things. DPLing, audio engineering, group dramas in Discord. But I am back here again.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 22 ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_022_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 22:00

Note that I did not read out the diagram. Even though it's used by Lilly I decided that it would interrupt rather than help the listener. I have to make a judgement call on many things in this book! :lol:
I've called this part one because Lilly gives section 16 twice by mistake. When I worked through a plan of all of this book at the start I made a note of many publishing slip ups; 1600s publishing was quite an omnishambles :lol: