1-Minute Test Lanuzahuck [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
Lanuzahuck

Post by Lanuzahuck »

Hello all,

My name is Evan and I currently live in Texas. I've been working in IT since I graduated high school in 2013. I was laid off from a DoD company 2 years ago in December. Since then, I've been working for a small firm that has several clients, and I've been taking my time figuring out what I want to do. Voice over/voice acting work has been something I've wanted to try for a long time. So a friend lent me a microphone and a I purchased a new Scarlett solo and I started recording and editing some samples for practice.

I'm brand new to the field and saw the volunteer system that LV offered and thought it would be a good opportunity to provide a much needed service, and to cut me teeth simultaneously. I'm extremely excited to work with folks that have experience and to make a positive impact.
I've recorded a 1-minute test, you can find the link to the test below. I'm also interested in helping via proof-listening and editing.

I've submitted the recording semi-raw, as the only edit I've made was to volume normalization. I haven't cut anything or removed clicks, long breaths, or humming. I chose not to remove anything due to the suggestion of the article, and to hopefully receive the most effective criticism possible of my recording environment.

EDIT //
I had forgotten to include details;
Windows 10, Sterling Audio ST51, Adobe Audition. I have a mic arm with a shock mount and I'm currently using a doubled up sock as a filter.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lanuzahuck.mp3

I look forward to working with you all,

-Evan :D

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Lanuzahuck wrote: April 20th, 2024, 2:15 pm Hello all,

My name is Evan and I currently live in Texas. I've been working in IT since I graduated high school in 2013. I was laid off from a DoD company 2 years ago in December. Since then, I've been working for a small firm that has several clients, and I've been taking my time figuring out what I want to do. Voice over/voice acting work has been something I've wanted to try for a long time. So a friend lent me a microphone and a I purchased a new Scarlett solo and I started recording and editing some samples for practice.

I'm brand new to the field and saw the volunteer system that LV offered and thought it would be a good opportunity to provide a much needed service, and to cut me teeth simultaneously. I'm extremely excited to work with folks that have experience and to make a positive impact.
I've recorded a 1-minute test, you can find the link to the test below. I'm also interested in helping via proof-listening and editing.

I've submitted the recording semi-raw, as the only edit I've made was to volume normalization. I haven't cut anything or removed clicks, long breaths, or humming. I chose not to remove anything due to the suggestion of the article, and to hopefully receive the most effective criticism possible of my recording environment.

EDIT //
I had forgotten to include details;
Windows 10, Sterling Audio ST51, Adobe Audition. I have a mic arm with a shock mount and I'm currently using a doubled up sock as a filter.

I look forward to working with you all,

-Evan :D

Welcome to Librivox, Evan!

Your voice is pleasant and animated, and your test meets all the Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording!

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than Lanuzahuck in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)