MAGIC MOUNTAIN (Vol 2) - Thomas Mann (Trans Lowe-Porter) - ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

SteveGough wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:07 am Dear Christine
I have revised section 31 and re-uploaded - and also here is Section 32 (24.45) and the continuing saga of Mynheer Peeperkorn (phew! - it lasts another fifty pages!)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/magicmountian2_32_mann_128kb.mp3
Dear Steve, I am not hearing the edited section 31. Did you change the filename at all? Would you check and upload again? I will go ahead and listen to section 32 in the meantime. It will be interesting to see how Peeperkorn exits. :twisted:
Best,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Dear Steve,
In the intro of prior sections you have said "part one" when there are more than one part to a subunit of a chapter. This is missing from section 32 at 0:22 after "Mynheer Peeperkorn, continued"

It is interesting to me that I am finding a writing connection between Thomas Mann and George Payne Rainsford James. They both "speak" to the reader aside from their story "about" their story.
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

I'm confusing myself with my different uploads (Mynheer Peeperkorn's psyche taking me over!). Should have it all sorted by tomorrow, plus adding the 'part one' to 32..... watch this space!! And thanks for bearing with me....
Best Steve
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

SteveGough wrote: April 17th, 2024, 11:13 am I'm confusing myself with my different uploads (Mynheer Peeperkorn's psyche taking me over!). Should have it all sorted by tomorrow, plus adding the 'part one' to 32..... watch this space!! And thanks for bearing with me....
Best Steve
Of course! :D
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Sections 31 and 32 duly re-uploaded and all is well (I hope!). On narrators of novels who offer asides directly to the reader about their storytelling there is no one better than Anthony Trollope who indulges in it usually for humorous purposes, though sometimes to excess!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Excellent! Sections 31 and 32 are now PL ok.
Very best to you,
Christine
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thank you Christine - Phew again! - I have just finished this morning the raw recording of S33, another epic narration with Naphta, Settembrini and Peeperkorn all loudly on display and I suspect i shall need a place at a Swiss Sanatorium at the end of this journey!!!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

SteveGough wrote: April 18th, 2024, 11:56 pm Thank you Christine - Phew again! - I have just finished this morning the raw recording of S33, another epic narration with Naphta, Settembrini and Peeperkorn all loudly on display and I suspect i shall need a place at a Swiss Sanatorium at the end of this journey!!!
It really sounds like a pretty good place if you have the right mindset and are not too sick. Plenty of nature, company, and wine!
Edit: You got this!!!! :9: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

You are right, Christine, but I just hope I don't meet any of those other guests...
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Dear Christine

Here is S33 - Mann in cerebral top gear - 26.01 minutes chasing the twists and turns of some pretty abstract syntax.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/magicmountian2_33_mann_128kb.mp3.

Hope it is not too arduous to listen to!

Thanks!
Steve
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Dear Steve, I do love a challenge!
Looking forward to it!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi again Steve,
Section 33 is PL ok. I didn't find this arduous at all. What a pleasure your voicing of this great book is!

Christine
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thank you Christine as always! Onwards..... and as Peeperkorn would say, 'Very good. Very.... Settled!'
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

SteveGough wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:19 am Thank you Christine as always! Onwards..... and as Peeperkorn would say, 'Very good. Very.... Settled!'
:lol: