[COMPLETE] The Cold Heart by Wilhelm Hauff-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Okay, the remaining two sections have now been uploaded. I can upload section 1 again with a changed filename if that's easier? Anyhow, what happens now?
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We need a proof listener.
We ask readers to enter the time for each file - it's a rough check that all the file made it through the ether .
and people to like to know how long things will take them to do the proof listening. just in the notes field mm:ss
Lets wait to see if there is any fixing needed before changing the file name - saves an extra upload maybe.

Anne
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Hi Anne

It's taking a bit of time to find a PL. Is this normal for solo projects? Is there anything I can do to "promote" this piece?

Cheers
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's hard to know what will appeal to another volunteer or what they pick up and when. Often projects are picked up in the launch pad.
You could try setting up a thread in the listeners and editors wanted "viewforum.php?f=61" . If you use the template linked at the top and use the project number there they can get a copy of the MW and see that it's short (find the project number by hovering over the BC link under the MW.

Anne
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Hi :D

I wouldn't mind doing the PL for this, if that's okay with you
"She Died. I was saved." - No Longer Human, Osamu Dazai
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Apophennec wrote: April 25th, 2024, 7:46 pm Hi :D

Hello and thanks,

Do you want to be the DPL for all three sections or do you want an individual one?

Cheers
Christoph

Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Antipode wrote: April 25th, 2024, 8:00 pm
Apophennec wrote: April 25th, 2024, 7:46 pm Hi :D

Hello and thanks,

Do you want to be the DPL for all three sections or do you want an individual one?

Cheers
Ill do DPL; it'll be nice to have the practice using the MW
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's a nice short project - I'll add you to the database and close the pl request post . I'll be off line then for a bit - the reader may be able to give you any help you need about access to the MW but you can start listening as soon as you like. (I started out as a proof listener :D )

Anne
I see you are already PLing something else - you have MW access for this now Welcome aboard :clap:
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

Antipode wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:34 am Okay, the remaining two sections have now been uploaded. I can upload section 1 again with a changed filename if that's easier? Anyhow, what happens now?
Section 1 PL notes:

01:13 - "and a firmer, *tough* ruder, mind" -> "firmer, *though* ruder, mind"
01:57 - "their usual *occupation* are" -> "their usual *occupations* are"
11:24 - "the glass-mannikin frequently played a *conspiscious*" -> "played a *conspicuous*
11:41 - "to make the *spirit* appear" -> "the *sprite* appear"

Section 2 PL Notes:

18:54 "sold it for half price to *iterant*" ->"*itinerant*"
30:04 small stumble"differed in nothing*...but in a-*ppearance" -> "differed in nothing but it's appearance"

Section 3 PL Note:
03:44 "joyless life that at *least*" ->"that at *last*"

...your voice is like...perfect for this story XD i loved listening to this
annise wrote: April 25th, 2024, 9:22 pm It's a nice short project - I'll add you to the database and close the pl request post . I'll be off line then for a bit - the reader may be able to give you any help you need about access to the MW but you can start listening as soon as you like. (I started out as a proof listener :D )

Anne
I see you are already PLing something else - you have MW access for this now Welcome aboard :clap:
Thanks;D yeah the PL is nice cuz you can help without having to read x.x my voice isn't cut out for it xD, gonna pray for a nice old man voice...
Last edited by Apophennec on April 26th, 2024, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You need to realise that not everyone agrees about voices , people who I would describe as some of our best readers can get terrible reviews on those sites that allow reviews. Just regard it as reading a book to a sick friend or relative.

Anne
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Apophennec wrote: April 25th, 2024, 11:05 pm
Section 1 PL notes:

01:13 - "and a firmer, *tough* ruder, mind" -> "firmer, *though* ruder, mind"
01:57 - "their usual *occupation* are" -> "their usual *occupations* are"
11:24 - "the glass-mannikin frequently played a *conspiscious*" -> "played a *conspicuous*
11:41 - "to make the *spirit* appear" -> "the *sprite* appear"

Section 2 PL Notes:

18:54 "sold it for half price to *iterant*" ->"*itinerant*"
30:04 small stumble"differed in nothing*...but in a-*ppearance" -> "differed in nothing but it's appearance"

Section 3 PL Note:
03:44 "joyless life that at *least*" ->"that at *last*"

...your voice is like...perfect for this story XD i loved listening to this
annise wrote: April 25th, 2024, 9:22 pm It's a nice short project - I'll add you to the database and close the pl request post . I'll be off line then for a bit - the reader may be able to give you any help you need about access to the MW but you can start listening as soon as you like. (I started out as a proof listener :D )

Anne
Thanks;D yeah the PL is nice cuz you can help without having to read x.x my voice isn't cut out for it xD, gonna pray for a nice old man voice...
Hey there and thanks for the DPL, really apprechiate your help! I've uploaded the corrected sections and hope they're better.

I moved house between the original recordings and the corrections, so it's really difficult to hit a similar tone. There's much more echo, as this room I'm recording in is huge and not carpeted.

Besides, I second Anna in her comments. I am quite self concious about my voice and have long hesitated to volunteer. That's why I really appreciate your feedback :clap:

Why don't you try it out with a 1-Minute Test Recording and let other members give you feedback?

Anyway, cheers
Christoph

Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

go figure, we share that self conscious sentiment.

reading will probably be inevitable, after enough time on here the temptation might be too much :lol:
Antipode wrote: April 27th, 2024, 7:22 pm Hey there and thanks for the DPL, really apprechiate your help! I've uploaded the corrected sections and hope they're better.
So all 3 are PL OK, all done :D If you're ever looking for a dpl in the future you can always send me a message, I'd enjoy helping out.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll start the wheels turning ........
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This project is now complete https://librivox.org/the-cold-heart-by-wilhelm-hauff/ All audio files can be found on our catalog page/:

Thank you both - hope you have enjoyed your first venture here :clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: . Sorry about my unexpected delays.

Anne
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

:birthday: thanks you two :birthday: