SOLO - Doctor Dolittle in the Moon [Doctor Dolittle #8], by Hugh Lofting (1886 - 1947) - kd

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Section one is ready. I really like reading less serious texts :mrgreen:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Section 2 ready for PL.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

ShellyW wrote: April 16th, 2024, 7:08 am
Hi Barry, thank you, nice to meet you. Yes I'm thinking 2 chapters per section. I get annoyed listening to really short sections.

Are you a Scottish dragon?
Hi Shelly, nope, I'm an Irish dragon. The Irish also wore kilts though the Scots are more known for it. Here is a shot from my daughters wedding with me wearing my family tartan (O'Neill on my mother's side).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150266866820308&set=t.100001788335950&type=3
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

FB says the photo is not available.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

ShellyW wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:53 am FB says the photo is not available.
I changed the privacy settings to I think you can see it now. Don't know where else I could post it to share.
Barry
My Recordings
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Nope, still can't see it. Maybe if I friend you. ?
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Section 3 is ready.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

ShellyW wrote: April 19th, 2024, 3:52 pm Nope, still can't see it. Maybe if I friend you. ?
Sure, that would be fine. :) Look for Barry Eads; there are about 6 of us on Facebook. I am the one that is Happily Retired. :D
Barry
My Recordings
msfry

Post by msfry »

KiltedDragon wrote: April 19th, 2024, 4:59 pm
ShellyW wrote: April 19th, 2024, 3:52 pm Nope, still can't see it. Maybe if I friend you. ?
Sure, that would be fine. :) Look for Barry Eads; there are about 6 of us on Facebook. I am the one that is Happily Retired. :D
Hi, Barry. I saw this post and looked you up on Facebook. I couldn't find one that says Happily Retired. Are you the one whose photo is a man in a suit with a boutonniere? Thanks for offering to MC my solo too.
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

msfry wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:03 am
Hi, Barry. I saw this post and looked you up on Facebook. I couldn't find one that says Happily Retired. Are you the one whose photo is a man in a suit with a boutonniere? Thanks for offering to MC my solo too.
:lol: That was my guess too :?:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chapters 1-3 are all PL OK!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

ShellyW wrote: April 20th, 2024, 3:04 pm

:lol: That was my guess too :?:
Yes, that is me. That picture is from my daughters wedding which was at my house and was taken more than 10 years ago.
Barry
My Recordings
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

OMG Msfry youve done a ton of covers. I love your work. Great idea posting a link. I'm a little discouraged by the disorganization of the cover threads. Any tips? Is anyone working on fixing that system?
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
msfry

Post by msfry »

KiltedDragon wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:10 pm Yes, that is me. That picture is from my daughters wedding which was at my house and was taken more than 10 years ago.
I tried to find it again searching facebook Barry Eads, but it seems to have disappeared. Can you PM me a link?
msfry

Post by msfry »

ShellyW wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 4:34 am OMG Msfry youve done a ton of covers. I love your work. Great idea posting a link. I'm a little discouraged by the disorganization of the cover threads. Any tips? Is anyone working on fixing that system?
Thanks, cover-making is a wonderful, educational hobby, and I'm proud to help promote/decorate LV's offerings. As to your question, I recommend you ask for help in the Covermaker's Chat Thread. It's rather hard to find, but you follow this path:

Librivox Forum
Volunteers Wanted: Other LibriVox Projects
Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread
Look for the link in the first paragraph:

This Working Thread is for preclaiming and submitting covers. If you want to ask questions, thank a cover maker, chat or provide hints etc. please do so here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=64062"