[Education/Reasoning] Logic for the Million, by James William Gilbart-ag

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

jenno wrote: April 15th, 2024, 6:24 pm So if you can bear it ! may I take sections 9,10 and 11 ?
Jennifer
Certainly!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
Emotions by James McCosh (1811 - 1894) 91% 2 left!
PL pls: 27-28
jenno

Post by jenno »

I will do so !
J
jenno

Post by jenno »

Regrettably i must have overwritten the recording of section 8 .I cannot find it on the computer.
So I think the simplest solution is to re-record it and get it right this time !

I will do this as soon as i can.

Sorry to be a pest !

Jennifer
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

jenno wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:59 pm Regrettably i must have overwritten the recording of section 8 .I cannot find it on the computer.
So I think the simplest solution is to re-record it and get it right this time !

I will do this as soon as i can.

Sorry to be a pest !

Jennifer
No problem. I'm sorry for the extra work. It's always very discouraging to have to record a section twice.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
jenno

Post by jenno »

well yes and no! you do get further understanding of the topic and it can be quite enlightening.
I am fascinated by the discussions and presentation of subjects that are still so pertinent today .

Nothing changes !!

here is section 8 !

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/logic_08_gilbart_128kb.mp3

duration 23.32.

Jennifer
toecurlingtales

Post by toecurlingtales »

Hi! May I claim sections 13 and 14?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

toecurlingtales wrote: April 25th, 2024, 6:20 pm Hi! May I claim sections 13 and 14?
Welcome to Librivox toecurlingtales!
It would be great to have you record sections 13-14 for this project (Logic). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). It's great that you're eager to record but many new users have trouble with their first section so instead of assigning all the sections you requested, I've just done section 13. Once that has been uploaded successfully, I would be more than happy to assign you any other sections you would like. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit section 13. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 8 is PL OK!
I haven't heard a section from this book that I have found uninteresting. It lives up to its title.