dgbarlekamp one-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
dgbarlekamp

Post by dgbarlekamp »

Like many others, I recorded in Audacity with a Blue Yeti USB mic. Looking forward to any comments. Thanks!

-Dan

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_dgbarlekamp.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

dgbarlekamp wrote: April 13th, 2024, 1:28 pm Like many others, I recorded in Audacity with a Blue Yeti USB mic. Looking forward to any comments. Thanks!

-Dan

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_dgbarlekamp.mp3
I'd say Welcome to Librivox, Dan, but that might not be accurate as I see you've been registered for awhile, so welcome to active recording!

Your voice is powerful, pleasant, and animated, and your test meets all Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording.

Just one note: it sounds as if your voice might be coming from a distance (your recording's just slightly echoey). You might want to reduce your volume slightly and speak a bit closer to your mic if that's the case. It's not an unpleasant effect, but it does call attention to itself a bit.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than dgbarlekamp in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
dgbarlekamp

Post by dgbarlekamp »

Hi, Winnifred - apologies for my delay, and thank you for your kind words and advice! I can't wait to get started.

Dan
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

dgbarlekamp wrote: April 28th, 2024, 5:21 pm Hi, Winnifred - apologies for my delay, and thank you for your kind words and advice! I can't wait to get started.

Dan
Have fun!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)