Complete [Memoir] Our Southern Highlanders by Horace Kephart-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Section 17, 'When the Sleeper Wakes' enclosed, in 27:08:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/oursouthernhighlanders_17_kephart_128kb.mp3

Even includes a bonus track - a brief history of Scotch Highlanders - which was also interesting (if less grand than perhaps descendants thereof might have imagined).

Thank you,
Brize
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Brize,
It is wonderful to get this in.
Thank you for this!
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

BrizeCrize wrote: April 10th, 2024, 9:36 am Section 17, 'When the Sleeper Wakes' enclosed, in 27:08:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/oursouthernhighlanders_17_kephart_128kb.mp3
Even includes a bonus track - a brief history of Scotch Highlanders - which was also interesting (if less grand than perhaps descendants thereof might have imagined).
Thank you,
Brize
Great job, Brize! Really well done with this book. I do have a couple of final comments:

At 3:17
Written “Not around me”
Spoken “Not around here”

I'm not sure that it was necessary to say the “end of section 17”, since saying it is the end of the book by title followed immediately. But … also wondering if not saying “The End” as written in the text, is okay. I realize that adds up to a lot of "ends"! Personally, I’d rather hear "The End" than saying the end of the section. Admin choice, I guess. :wink:

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Betsy,
It is the standard script to say both, end of the section and end of the book, so we better stick to that.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

BetsyWalker wrote: April 10th, 2024, 5:49 pm
Great job, Brize! Really well done with this book. I do have a couple of final comments:

At 3:17
Written “Not around me”
Spoken “Not around here”

I'm not sure that it was necessary to say the “end of section 17”, since saying it is the end of the book by title followed immediately. But … also wondering if not saying “The End” as written in the text, is okay. I realize that adds up to a lot of "ends"! Personally, I’d rather hear "The End" than saying the end of the section. Admin choice, I guess. :wink:

Betsy
Good catch, Betsy. My imagination pushed aside the reality of the words on the page...again! I also added the 'The End' prior to my closing (you're right, the words ARE there) and also tightened up the closing of chapter and book - makes it seem more like one big announcement (which I agree is an improvement) while sticking to the LV protocal. 27:08 length.

Thank you,
Brize
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Brize! It won't be long now.
-Amy :D
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

BrizeCrize wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:27 am Good catch, Betsy. My imagination pushed aside the reality of the words on the page...again! I also added the 'The End' prior to my closing (you're right, the words ARE there) and also tightened up the closing of chapter and book - makes it seem more like one big announcement (which I agree is an improvement) while sticking to the LV protocal. 27:08 length.
Thank you,
Brize
Yay! :clap: Good finish, Brize - PL Okay - THE END :lol: :lol: - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

BetsyWalker wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:26 am
BrizeCrize wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:27 am Good catch, Betsy. My imagination pushed aside the reality of the words on the page...again! I also added the 'The End' prior to my closing (you're right, the words ARE there) and also tightened up the closing of chapter and book - makes it seem more like one big announcement (which I agree is an improvement) while sticking to the LV protocal. 27:08 length.
Thank you,
Brize
Yay! :clap: Good finish, Brize - PL Okay - THE END !! :lol: :lol: - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'll start cataloging! :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/our-southern-highlanders-by-horace-kephart/

Congratulations, Brize, Claire, and Meredith! :clap:

Thank you for prooflistening, Betsy! :clap: