test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
ranjanniharika

Post by ranjanniharika »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ranjanniharika wrote: April 10th, 2024, 5:09 pm here is link to my test..

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/niharika_audition_librivox.mp3
1 Minute Test Feedback:

Welcome to Librivox Niharika and thanks for posting your test file. We look forward to you joining the community!

Reading Feedback:
You have a soothing, pleasant voice.

Technical Feedback:
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mono files but this is stereo.
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mp3 files with a constant bitrate of 128kbps. This file is 321kbps. Since that is not one of the standard mp3 bitrates, you probably selected 'variable' rather than 'constant' bitrate.
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mp3 files with a sample rate of 44.1kHz. This file is 48kHz.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The volume of this track is 91.22dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The file falls within the outer ends of that range and so doesn't need to be changed but watch that it doesn't end up outside the range. The easiest way to automatically set the volume is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way would be to use the Amplify effect set to -2dB.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The recording had some room echo or reverb. This tends to make the recording a little less clear. The easiest way to fix this is to be closer to the microphone but it can also be improved by dampening the solid walls in your recording room with a blanket or something similar. There's more info about that here. You can mitigate it after recording by using EQ to remove a bit of the bass. The 'Bass and Treble' effect in Audacity set to -2 on the bass produces an easy improvement. The reverb is within what is acceptable for a Librivox recording but I just thought I should mention it.
Once you've tweaked these settings, upload the file again using the same filename (uploading to the same filename is important when you are submitting Librivox files) and post in the thread and I'll check it for you again!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
Emotions by James McCosh (1811 - 1894) 91% 2 left!
PL pls: 27-28
ranjanniharika

Post by ranjanniharika »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Technical Feedback:
  • 00:00 There was some hiss on the recording. It might be the result of a low input volume from the microphone which you have subsequently amplified to hit the Librivox volume range, in which case you might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume). Another solution you can apply is noise reduction. This will reduce the hiss after recording but it does degrade the quality of the audio. Be gentle on the amount (I'd say a maximum of 6dB reduction but less is better) - many people overdo it. Another option is a noise gate.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The recording had some room echo or reverb. This tends to make the recording a little less clear. The easiest way to fix this is to be closer to the microphone but it can also be improved by dampening the solid walls in your recording room with a blanket or something similar. There's more info about that here. You can mitigate it after recording by using EQ to remove a bit of the bass. The 'Bass and Treble' effect in Audacity set to -2 on the bass produces an easy improvement. The reverb is within what is acceptable for a Librivox recording but I just thought I should mention it.
Once you've tweaked these settings, upload the file again using the same filename (uploading to the same filename is important when you are submitting Librivox files) and post in the thread and I'll check it for you again!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
ranjanniharika

Post by ranjanniharika »

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ranjanniharika wrote: April 11th, 2024, 9:18 pm I made the changes as per your feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/niharika_audition_librivox.mp3
The technical specs of your test are fine and you are ready to record! Make sure you use the same settings as your test in future recordings. For any future files you submit, make sure that the intro has 0.75 seconds of silence at the start and 5 seconds of silence at the end. Also check the required filename in the project thread.

The best first step would be to take a section in a group project. You can find a list of open projects here (non-English here).

When you claim your very first section, don't forget to also post the name that you would like to appear in the catalog. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator.
ranjanniharika

Post by ranjanniharika »

hey
thank you so much..