Aggravation! (or, how to increase the left side space in Audacity)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

One of the things I have trouble with is that when I go to click to the left of the Audacity audio track to 'select all,' I often accidentally hit the sliding bar for left and right speaker. I do it more than you'd think a grown man should do.

Anyway, I've had a little trouble with my vision recently so I thought to pull down on the audio track to make it larger (or at least taller.) What do ya know? When one pulls down the track, there is so much more room for placing the 'select all' click!

Problem solved.

I know it's not a big thing in anyone's life, but I am happy enough with my 'discovery' to want to share it.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I am glad you shared Kevin. It is so warm and satisfying to find a fix for an aggravating small problem; it just feels so.... good. Back in earlier days we called it getting a warm fuzzy as different of course from all those cold pricklys that seem to happen all the time. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

I agree - it's great when you solve a small annoyance.

If it's easier for you, you can also use Ctrl+A, or you can double click on the wave graph to 'select all'. I presume those work in other versions.

-Ian
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

philchenevert wrote: April 7th, 2024, 6:02 am I am glad you shared Kevin. It is so warm and satisfying to find a fix for an aggravating small problem; it just feels so.... good. Back in earlier days we called it getting a warm fuzzy as different of course from all those cold pricklys that seem to happen all the time. :thumbs:
Amen!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

GrayHouse wrote: April 7th, 2024, 6:29 am I agree - it's great when you solve a small annoyance.

If it's easier for you, you can also use Ctrl+A, or you can double click on the wave graph to 'select all'. I presume those work in other versions.

-Ian
I didn't know that. Thanks!
ChristopherW

Post by ChristopherW »

I'm using Audacity 3.2.4 (yeah yeah, I'm behind the times what with the newfangled version 3.4 and the soon to be version 3.5), and at the bottom of the left-hand side there's a button labeled "Select", right next to a little up arrow button (the up arrow button collapses the track). You can select the whole track with that button.

It seems to still be there in version 3.4, if the screenshots in the current manual are to be trusted: https://manual.audacityteam.org/.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ChristopherW wrote: April 9th, 2024, 3:22 pm I'm using Audacity 3.2.4 (yeah yeah, I'm behind the times what with the newfangled version 3.4 and the soon to be version 3.5), and at the bottom of the left-hand side there's a button labeled "Select", right next to a little up arrow button (the up arrow button collapses the track). You can select the whole track with that button.

It seems to still be there in version 3.4, if the screenshots in the current manual are to be trusted: https://manual.audacityteam.org/.
BY gosh, you're right! Thank you!