Podcasting?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
anniesteuber

Post by anniesteuber »

My other half works for a Wisconsin environmental group with a literate, public radio type demographic, and they are currently trying to figure out how to redesign their webpage and get more web traffic. I've been inspired by The Mountains of California (John Muir) project. I suggested to my sweetie that I might do a podcast featuring the writings of environmentalists and scientists from/about Wisconsin or the midwest. The organization is interested. I told them I would look into specifics.

I wondered if the folks here might offer some guidence on the legalities of such a venture. Would I be limited to works in PD, or would I be able to read more recent works as long as the podcast is not for profit? What about adding music? And what kind of "copyright" would I or the organization (Clean Wisconsin) be retaining on the podcast?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LibriVox!

It's always nice to hear what our projects inspire!

However, I'm afraid you're not coming to the right place with your questions. As far as I know, nobody on here (at least not among the admins) is a lawyer specializing in copyright issues, so whatever we tell you will probably not apply to your specific situation at best, or, at worst, be completely wrong.

This is an issue that you're best asking a lawyer in your own state, I'm sure there is reasonably priced legal advice available for foundations like yours.

Good luck with your podcast!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com