[BIOGRAPHY] Gertrude Bell, by Bodley and Hearst -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

She is truly amazing in this chapter- which is PL okay!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you :) Yes! I'm sure she would have been a remarkable woman in any era she found herself in.
~Lynette * - house's worst renovation chaos has past, computer working somewhat reliably again, so I'm catching things up fast as I can
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

There's chapter 9 :)

One moment of disappointment in her, but otherwise continuing to be absolutely fascinating.
~Lynette * - house's worst renovation chaos has past, computer working somewhat reliably again, so I'm catching things up fast as I can
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Really interesting! Well done - only one very small glitch. At 2:31 (p. 107) you say "earlier" instead of "later.". As I say. it is minor, but I think it could confuse someone who wanted to follow up on the painting it refers to, as I do.

Going to leave a note to myself here - Chapt X starts on p 121
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh! It will make a lot more sense with the correct word. :lol: Thanks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: June 1st, 2024, 3:28 pm Really interesting! Well done - only one very small glitch. At 2:31 (p. 107) you say "earlier" instead of "later.". As I say. it is minor, but I think it could confuse someone who wanted to follow up on the painting it refers to, as I do.

Going to leave a note to myself here - Chapt X starts on p 121
Thanks for catching that. It's so weird that you can be very careful recording, and then do meticulous editing with the text in front of you, and your eye never sees something like this. I even kept thinking, "but this seems off" at the meaning with my mistake in there. Thank goodness for PL'ing. :lol:

hey, I've put links to the chapter beginning (and this Spot-PL page) in the MW for easier access. Ch. 9 is ready for spot-pl in the 2:15-2:40 stretch
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Great, you are all set. Did you happen to look at that portrait of her by Sargent? Whoa. Formidable.